FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 44 of 89 First ... 34424344454654 ... Last
    Apologies if this is asked and answered earlier, but I'm just joining the thread (having just obtained FGU)... and 43 pages is a lot to go through!...

Are there plans to include weapon proficiency capabilities in the foreseeable future? (specifically, applying proficiencies when calculating attack/to-hit bonuses... etc.)

Welcome to the FG forums!

Quote Originally Posted by DinosaurBob View Post
    Are there plans to include weapon proficiency capabilities in the foreseeable future? (specifically, applying proficiencies when calculating attack/to-hit bonuses... etc.)
    The ability to assign a proficiency to an attack is built into the weapon entries in the actions tab. Click the magnifying glass to the right of each entry to open the weapon details and set the proficiency there.

At some point weapon proficiencies will be implemented similar to the armor proficiencies. They're a lot more complex than armor proficiencies...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe,

I don't know if there is already an existing way - but if not - are there plans to be able to define effects on a critical roll? For example, on a critical roll, add 1d6 fire dmg? There are also weapon traits which result in various additional dice rolls on top of the usual x2 damage.

Critical specialization etc. will be available at some point. But not for a while yet.

Weapon traits are already taken into account. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...m_Sheet#Traits

You can use effects for extra damage not covered by traits.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the information and the link.

Can effects be added to items (weapons), such that when they auto-create an action, the effect is in the action? If not, is it possible to add effects to Weapon actions? The only place I have worked out where to add an effect for a weapon is using the Combat Tracker (manually adding the necessary effect immediately before the roll, with an Expenditure set to Next Action. Is this right?

Thank you for all your help.
    Last edited by Surge; April 11th, 2020 at 03:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Can effects be added to items (weapons), such that when they auto-create an action, the effect is in the action? If not, is it possible to add effects to Weapon actions? The only place I have worked out where to add an effect for a weapon is using the Combat Tracker (manually adding the necessary effect immediately before the roll, with an Expenditure set to Next Action. Is this right?
    Effects can't be attached to weapons. And, effects need to be active in the combat tracker for them to work.

You can create a new spell class in the action tab - but it won't be used for spells - call it abilities, weapons, or whatever you like. Add a new "spell" and name it after the action it relates to (e.g. the weapon name if it related to a weapon). Then right-click on the spell, select add action -> effect to add an effect entry. Then you can edit the effect entry - and click the effect icon to apply the effect in the CT.

Trenloe,

I'm running into some issues with the parser on FGU Pathfinder 2nd Edtion Release 13. From what I've read and understand, Release 14 should fix a few things that should make running Pathfinder 2nd in FGU a tad easier. It seems that Release 14 will take a bit longer and it made me wonder if it's worth continuing my campaign in the Test Channel to access that particular release. Otherwise, I'll stick to FG Classic for longer but I had hoped to be able to cancel the Classic subscription in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Grivenger View Post
    Trenloe,

I'm running into some issues with the parser on FGU Pathfinder 2nd Edtion Release 13. From what I've read and understand, Release 14 should fix a few things that should make running Pathfinder 2nd in FGU a tad easier. It seems that Release 14 will take a bit longer and it made me wonder if it's worth continuing my campaign in the Test Channel to access that particular release. Otherwise, I'll stick to FG Classic for longer but I had hoped to be able to cancel the Classic subscription in April.
    I'm hoping that release 14 will be out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for the head's up. I appreciate the work you and others have poured in creating the ruleset. It seems incredibly complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm still new to this whole Fantasy Grounds thing. Are there ever patch notes for each release of a rules update? So we can see what changed and was updated and whatnot.

Thread Information