5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Correct text for Class Creation traits

Hi,

I am trying to create a new Race and Subrace. I have encountered the following problems but not sure how to deal with them:
    1. I have added a trait with "Your base speed increases to 35 feet.", copying the text from the Wood Elf's "Fleet of Foot", but the speed remains at 30 feet.
    2. I am trying to add proficiency for 2 skills. Typing "You are proficient in the History and Arcana skills." adds a skill called "History and Arcana". I can make it so that it give proficiency to either History or Arcana, but not both. What text do I need to type to achieve this (again, this is a Trait for a Race). I know I can create 2 traits, but before doing that I would rather see if I can get it done in 1 trait.

Thanks in advance for your help.

For the first one I suspect you’ll need to call the frat fleet of foot.
    For the second try proficient in x skill and y skill

Sorry not bear a computer to test. See the Wiki for more. And also see the stickies at the top and look for the link to Mattekure’s post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsilon View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to create a new Race and Subrace. I have encountered the following problems but not sure how to deal with them:
    1. I have added a trait with "Your base speed increases to 35 feet.", copying the text from the Wood Elf's "Fleet of Foot", but the speed remains at 30 feet.
    2. I am trying to add proficiency for 2 skills. Typing "You are proficient in the History and Arcana skills." adds a skill called "History and Arcana". I can make it so that it give proficiency to either History or Arcana, but not both. What text do I need to type to achieve this (again, this is a Trait for a Race). I know I can create 2 traits, but before doing that I would rather see if I can get it done in 1 trait.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Take a look here at what strings are understood/interpreted by FG https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...preted-strings
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Ah... thank you guys! I was looking for a post like that but couldn't find it. Kept getting "par5e" stuff. I have now bookmarked it!

It's a pity that I have to call the trait "Fleet of Foot" to pick up the change in Speed. At least I tested that "Fleet of Foot (My Custom Name)" also works, but "My Custom Name (Fleet of Foot)" does not.

As for the proficiency, I tried every combination except that one lol.

Thanks again for the link. It will be really helpful.

Thread Information