DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Multiple GMs/licenses and campaign sharing

Hi all

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, Mods please move if needed.
    Just a question about campaign prep and usage.

TLDR;
    Is it possible for me to prepare a campaign on my computer then transfer the data to another persons computer to use with a different FG license?

Longer version;
    So our group runs different games both virtually and in person/face to face, with several members holding ultimate licences.
    Virtual games have 1 GM, but we recently acquired a TV to replace our physical grid/board for the face to face group.
    We have someone join us remotely from another state, so we thought using FG would be a good solution for sharing maps using the new TV.

Now we are about to start a new campaign with 2 GMs, and we generally meet at another players house for our gaming sessions.
    I have a FG ultimate license and the person whose house we meet at has an ultimate licence too.
    I will be manually inputting the module in to FG from PDFs (this product is not available for sale) but will need to run the campaign at my friends house using his FG.
    Is this possible?

I did search for answers in other threads but they seem to deal with sharing campaigns between computers using the same license, which is different from what I am after.

Appreciate any help

Cheers
    Jaynay

Blog Entries
    hey again Jaynay

yes - you can prep on one computer/license and use it on another computer license.
    you can export the data to a module or copy the whole campaign...

Yes. Copy the campaign folder (just the folder for the whatever you called the campaign will do) and the module onto a pen drive or whatever and then copy those into the second computer.

If you aren't sure where to find all this clicking the small folder icon on the top right of the start screen will take you there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you both for the quick response, just what I was looking for.

Have a great weekened!

You haven’t said you are using any professional modules but from a license perspective, unless you have the license tied to your forum user account you won’t be able to use a paid module unless the other license also owns the module.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    You haven’t said you are using any professional modules but from a license perspective, unless you have the license tied to your forum user account you won’t be able to use a paid module unless the other license also owns the module.
    It is not a module for sale or that I have downloaded. I will be manually entering the module details myself in to FG.
    So no different than if I was to enter the details from my own material/homebrew as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance. Are you talking about the Pathfinder game system/license and associated content (rather than the adventure itself)?

in other words, any paid content (monsters etc) will require each user to own the same content individually? I think we all do own the same content (as several of us take turns to GM), but that is worth clarifying.

Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Each DM will need to own the content individually for what they want to run, but anything the active GM owns they can share will all connected players.

Say for instance the active GM owns Adventure 1, Monster 1, and Player Reference 1, they can use all of those and share all of those to connected players (they would not want to share the entire Adventure or Monster references to the players). If a connected player has Adventure 2 or Player Reference 2, they can not share Adventure 2 to the GM for the GM to run, but they can (with GM approval) use anything in Player Reference 2 for themselves but not with other players.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So lets just say I own:

Pathfinder rules
    Bestiary 1
    Bestiary 2

But my friend owns:
    Pathfinder rules
    Bestiary 1

I can manually input the adventure and copy the campaign folder across, but my friend would not be able to any content associated with Bestiary 2 (unless he also purchased that content)?

That seems appropriate given B2 is paid content, I just want to make sure this is the way it works. Any manually created content is fair game though?

Thankyou everyone for your guidance!

Thread Information