Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakePD View Post
    I wonder if it would work if you made rations and water into a currency. So instead of GP, you put Rations. The DM could then make a negative parcel -1 Ration and it would deduct? I am away from a FG table or I would try this.
    You can do this since you can now specify currencies for your campaign. Staying with the parcel idea if you share the parcel with the players when they drag it onto their inventory it will deduct the rations from that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

We set them up as Ammo so they can tick them off on the actions tab. Maybe that is easier to do and automate if necessary?

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    I prepared tutorial how to do them as Ammo if somebody want know how to do it look here.

Thanks for work on the how too. like what you're doing!

@MarianDz, Did you mean for the Waterskins and Rations to be set as "Daily" in your tutorial? I think if you set them like that, whenever you select a long Rest in Fantasy Grounds, they sorta recharge because it thins it is a new day after that. I set mine as "Once" and players only get to increase them if they restock somehow.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    You have right "paladiusdarkhelm", once is better for them, let rest automatically not restock them. Thank you for correction
    I upload new image v. 1.2 in Blog
    Last edited by MarianDz; May 29th, 2019 at 07:28.

Greetings,

I’ve been trying to use the “Party Sheet” combined with the “Parcels” to figure out how to deal with rations and waterskins, but am not having much luck. I’d like to summarize my results in case I am missing something. I’m using the Gurps Ruleset.

1) Parcel Coins Method:

Using this method for legitimate parceling of real gems and currency seems to be pretty straightforward. The program will divide up the number of each item by the number of party members and increment each party members currency by that amount throwing away the remainder – integer division.

A) This method can be used to distribute items to the entire party at once, and seems to be promising in terms of using up rations and water. Unfortunately, the program doesn’t seem to like to divide negative numbers. Trying to dock the entire party all at once with a negative amount of food or drink doesn’t even toggle the chat window – as if the distribute button had not been pressed, even if the negative number is evenly divisible by the number of party members.

B) One CAN drag individual parcel that have Parcel Coins of “-1 ration” (etc.) to individual members of the party

2) Parcel Items

A) Cannot distribute among the entire party all at once (leaving the Assignment field blank) like in 1 A, even for positive additions.

B) Strangely, once the “Parcel Items” field in the party sheet is populated, you can drag items one at a time to members of the party, and inventory will be incremented by one.

C) Putting in a negative quantity in 2B, and then dragging the Parcel Item to the character INCREASES the characters inventory by one – no subtraction.

D) Can manually populate the assignment field one member at a time (by typing in the party member names), and then hitting the distribute button. This will add to a characters inventory, but negative numbers will not subtract.

In summary I don’t think either of these methods is very suitable for keeping track of rations and/or water supplies. If Parcel Items” handled negative numbers, then it could be used for resource management, albeit in a limited way.

Thank you for any comments and/or replies.

I tried creating a currency called "Ration" and I used the Location extension to create a "shop" called "camp" and created the "eating" service at the cost of -1 Ration, dragged the character and it worked. My problem is that I would like to create besides the Ration, the water currency and Healing Kit, but the 5e ruleset only accepts in the inventory tab the maximum of 6 currencies that are already occupied by 5 types of coins. When this limit is extrapolated the record is made into rows (which does not have the property to perform aritimetic operations.

PS. English is not my native language.

Blog Entries
    The healer's kit is usually added to the actions tab as a power with number of uses or a weapon with a set amount of ammo. Otherwise I suspect you are going to need to write a custom extension. Though maybe someone else has an ingenious idea?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be better if EVERY member in the party was docked a food and/or water all at once?

Thread Information