DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 16 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    "Now compatible with Bmos's spell failure roll"

I still can't figure out how that works... I set a spell failure amount, I set in the option both "always roll" and "prompt roll" but nowhere it rolls for it. Am I missing something?
    Is your test character an arcane caster wearing armor that actually applies? Some classes can wear some categories of armor without penalties, so entering a number in the spell failure box doesn't actually do anything unless armor that effects them is equipped. Also, you need to have the name of the spell class entered as just the class name. "Bard" will work but not "Bard Spells," for example.
    If that doesn't get it sorted for you, we should probably continue this on my thread for that extension (so we don't fill up Kel's).

The full list of classes for each type of armor (or shields) is:
    Code:
    --	Set which arcane classes face spell failure while wearing different types of armor
    tArcaneClass_HeavyArmor = {'Bard', 'Sorcerer', 'Wizard', 'Magus', 'Summoner', 'Witch', 'Arcanist', 'Bloodrager', 'Skald', 'Unchained Summoner'}
    tArcaneClass_MedArmor = {'Bard', 'Sorcerer', 'Wizard', 'Magus', 'Summoner', 'Witch', 'Arcanist', 'Unchained Summoner'}
    tArcaneClass_LtArmor = {'Sorcerer', 'Wizard', 'Witch', 'Arcanist'}
    tArcaneClass_Shield = {'Sorcerer', 'Wizard', 'Magus', 'Summoner', 'Witch', 'Arcanist', 'Bloodrager', 'Unchained Summoner'}
    Last edited by bmos; July 22nd, 2020 at 20:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I also have included the damage types of phixation: bypass, immunebypass, drbypass and resistbypass, thanks These damage types overcome the corresponding effects (but all of them then, like immunebypass overcomes all immunities; no way to restrict it at the moment), bypass overcomes everything resistbypass overcomes HRESIST
    Just a thought here...would it be possible to just add a switch to the end of the damage types to signify that the damage source bypasses immunity/resistance/reduction etc. Like rather than have "fire, immunebypass, resistbypass" or "silver, magic, drbypass" instead "fire^" or "silver, magic>" Something like that where it doesn't matter the damage type or source...just tagging the switch on the end changes it to bypass but retains the original damage type? I don't know if that is feasible or even sensible.

Additional thought...it might also be a way to signal that the damage is divided between different types. For instance flame strike, half the damage is divine and half the damage is fire. So if the damage roll was 9d6 and damage was entered as "divine/,fire/" it could split the damage rolled between the two sources. I don't know if this would be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Impressive! Not sure I'm complimented you on the ACCC effect concept yet (I know you mentioned it the other day), but it's awesome and I can't wait to use it.

Thanks! It turns out this is slightly incompatible with Live Hitpoints from Constitution, as well, but only in the sense that subdual is moved to the right a bit and looks less pretty. I can fix by adjusting my UI, I hadn't realize you replaced that field.
    Thank you

Oh, that is strange, besides the base health box from one of my players I never changed anything there (did I?) I may have forgotten what I did there the only other extension changing something there would only be the StrainInjury extension but that is not what you are using, I think Though I overwrote parts of the character sheet and needed to overwrite the xml for that. It could be that I was a bit too sloppy with that and that this now interferes with your health extension

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Just a thought here...would it be possible to just add a switch to the end of the damage types to signify that the damage source bypasses immunity/resistance/reduction etc. Like rather than have "fire, immunebypass, resistbypass" or "silver, magic, drbypass" instead "fire^" or "silver, magic>" Something like that where it doesn't matter the damage type or source...just tagging the switch on the end changes it to bypass but retains the original damage type? I don't know if that is feasible or even sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Additional thought...it might also be a way to signal that the damage is divided between different types. For instance flame strike, half the damage is divine and half the damage is fire. So if the damage roll was 9d6 and damage was entered as "divine/,fire/" it could split the damage rolled between the two sources. I don't know if this would be possible.
    Ah, nice, ideas, thank you, I will keep them in mind

Yeah, already when I introduced ghost touch I was thinking about revamping weapon stuff. But that quickly leads to revamping the effect stuff and so on; the project can become pretty quick at some point I will see what I come up with

Thank you

Oh, that is strange, besides the base health box from one of my players I never changed anything there (did I?) I may have forgotten what I did there the only other extension changing something there would only be the StrainInjury extension but that is not what you are using, I think Though I overwrote parts of the character sheet and needed to overwrite the xml for that. It could be that I was a bit too sloppy with that and that this now interferes with your health extension
    Good memory, I use AE + AoO. I want to try out straininjury someday, but it seems weird to switch mid-campaign. I was wondering what you were doing with the health boxes, actually. Whatever it is appears to be the whole reason you have a campaign subfolder:

Code:
    function onInit()
    	if super.super.onInit then
    		super.super.onInit();
    	end

OptionsManager.registerCallback("WNDC", onValueChanged);
    	onValueChanged();
    end
    function onClose()
    	OptionsManager.unregisterCallback("WNDC", onValueChanged);
    end
    function onDrop(x, y, draginfo)
    	if draginfo.getType() == "number" then
    		local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());
    		local rRoll = {};
    		rRoll.bSecret = false;
    		rRoll.sType = "number";
    		rRoll.sDesc = draginfo.getDescription() .. " [TYPE: nonlethal]";
    		rRoll.nMod = draginfo.getNumberData();
    		rRoll.aDice = {nil, {result = 0}};
    		ActionDamage.onDamage(nil, rActor, rRoll);
    	end

return true;
    end
    I released an updated version so it doesn't conflict anymore
    Last edited by bmos; July 22nd, 2020 at 20:42.

Good memory, I use AE + AoO. I want to try out straininjury someday, but it seems weird to switch mid-campaign. I was wondering what you were doing with the health boxes, actually. Whatever it is appears to be the whole reason you have a campaign subfolder:

Code:
    function onInit()
            super.super.onInit();
        end

onValueChanged();
    end
    function onClose()
    end
            local rRoll = {};
            rRoll.bSecret = false;
            rRoll.sType = "number";
        end

return true;
    end
    Aaaaah, that thing, right. Yeah, due to my physical die for the fortification roll I needed to revamp the whole damage structure. That code is about what happens when you drag&drop numbers onto the wound field in the sheet (from the modifier box or from damage chat messages etc.). Implementing physical dice into existing structure can be really messy, I do not recommend it

That code is needed to avoid that errors pop-up when doing that drag&drop onto the wounds field while having my extension. That is an edge case because rarily someone does that, but I still wanted to be complete in my code

Thanks for the update
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 22nd, 2020 at 20:48.

So, revisiting this change, I think it made the UI noticably worse overall.
    Any chance you'd consider changing the location of wounds and subdual slightly in your extension? It leaves yours looking like this if you use the code below: proposed changes.png

Code:
    <number_dropadd name="hptemp" source="hp.temporary" merge="join">
    	<anchored to="hp" position="right" offset="12,0" width="40" />
    	<color>0000AA</color>
    	<hideonvalue>0</hideonvalue>
    	<description textres="char_tooltip_hptemp" />
    	<script>
    		function onValueChanged()
    			window.onHealthChanged();
    		end
    	</script>
    </number_dropadd>

<number_dropadd name="nonlethal" source="hp.nonlethal" merge="replace">
    	<anchored to="wounds" position="right" offset="12,0" width="40" />
    	<description textres="char_tooltip_nonlethal" />
    	<script>
    		end
    		function onInit()
    				super.super.onInit();
    			end

onValueChanged();
    		end
    		function onClose()
    		end
    				local rRoll = {};
    				rRoll.bSecret = false;
    				rRoll.sType = "number";
    			end

return true;
    		end
    	</script>
    </number_dropadd>
    Last edited by bmos; July 26th, 2020 at 19:27.

So, revisiting this change, I think it made the UI noticably worse overall.
    Any chance you'd consider changing the location of wounds and subdual slightly in your extension? It leaves yours looking like this if you use the code below: proposed changes.png

Code:
    <number_dropadd name="hptemp" source="hp.temporary">
        <anchored to="hp" position="right" offset="12,0" width="40" />
        <color>0000AA</color>
        <description textres="char_tooltip_hptemp" />
        <script>
            end
        </script>
    </number_dropadd>

<number_dropadd name="nonlethal" source="hp.nonlethal" merge="replace">
        <anchored to="wounds" position="right" offset="12,0" width="40" />
        <description textres="char_tooltip_nonlethal" />
        <script>
            end
            function onInit()
                    super.super.onInit();
                end

onValueChanged();
            end
            function onClose()
            end
                    local rRoll = {};
                    rRoll.bSecret = false;
                    rRoll.sType = "number";
                end

return true;
            end
        </script>
    </number_dropadd>
    Yes, sure, I can do I will revisit it, maybe I can already make it compatible by using merge="join", I remember that there was some problem with the latter but I will test that again, then I do not need to declare the position anymore and it is in general more compatible then

I updated to 3.3.11 And:

I also have included the damage types of phixation: bypass, immunebypass, drbypass and resistbypass, thanks These damage types overcome the corresponding effects (but all of them then, like immunebypass overcomes all immunities; no way to restrict it at the moment), bypass overcomes everything resistbypass overcomes HRESIST
    I am having an issue using these bypass damage types. If I add drbypass to the weapon itself it seems to work. If I add an effect DMGTYPE: drbypass it doesn't seem factor in. Testing it in FGU with no other extensions beyond Full Overlay Package. Is there a special usage for these damage types I am not aware of?

The use case in this instance is a mythic character in Pathfinder using Sudden Attack.
    Sudden Attack (Ex)
    As a swift action, you can expend one use of mythic power to make a melee attack at your highest attack bonus. This is in addition to any other attacks you make this round. When making a sudden attack, you roll twice and take the better result, adding your tier to the attack roll. Damage from this attack bypasses all damage reduction.
    So the action/effect is setup as Self, Once Per Modifier
    Code:
    Sudden Attack; keladvantage; ATK: 3; DMGTYPE: drbypass
    Last edited by mozmonar; August 16th, 2020 at 06:40.

I am also having trouble using immunebypass and resistbypass.
    For example using mythic scorching ray on say a red dragon...
    Mythic Scorching Ray
    Each ray’s damage increases to 6d6 points of fire damage. The first ray bypasses fire resistance and immunity.
    So putting in damage of 6d6 fire, immunebypass, resistbypass and only displays 6d6 fire and dropping the damage roll on the dragon in the CT simply rolls the 6d6 as fire and the dragon resist all of it.
    Mythic Scorching Ray vs Dragon.jpg

Thread Information