STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 17 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City was release today on the FG Store.

Purchased! Excited to see other folks' converted products to FG for the ruleset.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City was release today on the FG Store.

Purchased! Excited to see other folks' converted products to FG for the ruleset.
    And may there be many more!

I agree, the advancement is a bit complex but most of that comes from the way AD&D handles classes. Someday I'll revisit the system and see if I can make it a bit more organized.

What you do is just copy the class it matches. As you said just grab the Paladin class, copy that, rename, then you have it's advancement entries. You'd need to remove the spells but otherwise it should do as you liked. I've had to do this myself a lot, priest handbook has TONS of cleric variant classes.
    I took this approach when trying to add a Gladiator class. I removed the the paladin stuff from the level advance stuff. However it seems to still add Turning stuff on level up. It also seems to not add the higher number for bonus Hit Points for High CON as if it's not a Warrior class. Guessing I have to dig around in the files to find this stuff.

Another thing, Half-giants roll 2 hit die at each level (prior to adding CON bonus hit points) regardless of class. Is there way to script that to happen when race is Half-giant? I can do it manually I suppose but it doesn't show what was rolled just what the results are (including the CON bonus).

EDIT: HP roll doesn't take into account the minimum HP rolls for high CON either it seems.
    Last edited by mozmonar; May 31st, 2019 at 02:58.

Really really wish there was a 2E bundle price! Just joined a game Would be nice to get some of the old Grewhawk mods available too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darce View Post
    Really really wish there was a 2E bundle price! Just joined a game Would be nice to get some of the old Grewhawk mods available too.
    Modules N1 and I1 are already available!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    I took this approach when trying to add a Gladiator class. I removed the the paladin stuff from the level advance stuff. However it seems to still add Turning stuff on level up. It also seems to not add the higher number for bonus Hit Points for High CON as if it's not a Warrior class. Guessing I have to dig around in the files to find this stuff.

Another thing, Half-giants roll 2 hit die at each level (prior to adding CON bonus hit points) regardless of class. Is there way to script that to happen when race is Half-giant? I can do it manually I suppose but it doesn't show what was rolled just what the results are (including the CON bonus).

EDIT: HP roll doesn't take into account the minimum HP rolls for high CON either it seems.
    So I figured out where to define Gladiators as Warriors. And that resolved the CON bonus for Non- Warriors being added on level up.

I still have to figure out where/how to extricate Gladiators from the Paladin abilities added each level (removing Turning ability, etc.)

Also would like to figure out if there is a way to add the extra Hit Die on level up to Half-Giant race.

So I figured out where to define Gladiators as Warriors. And that resolved the CON bonus for Non- Warriors being added on level up.

I still have to figure out where/how to extricate Gladiators from the Paladin abilities added each level (removing Turning ability, etc.)

Also would like to figure out if there is a way to add the extra Hit Die on level up to Half-Giant race.
    Turn undead is in the class, under Class Advancement starting around 9th level. Just set the "TURN" value to 0 from there on out.

Currently there is no way to add extra HD to a class because of a race.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

As luck would have it, I was asked to DM an in-person (non-FG) 2e game a few weeks ago, and reinstalled FG just in case I could convince some old friends to join from out of town. FG had been missing from my PC since my Win10 upgrade because I wasn't actively in a game. When I opened it, I found it odd that the old 2e ruleset that I downloaded from the community years ago was still stored somewhere on my computer and FG found it. I didn't realize it was included by default now because the wiki (among other places) doesn't list it among the default rulesets. From the date of this thread, it seems I came back to FG just in time.

Thanks for the hard work celestian!

Turn undead is in the class, under Class Advancement starting around 9th level. Just set the "TURN" value to 0 from there on out.

Currently there is no way to add extra HD to a class because of a race.
    Figured out how to divorce the Turning, Divine Spellcasting, and Aura from the Gladiator class thanks to your direction.

One thing I noticed is there was a box marked AC. I assumed this was a bonus that would be added to AC on level up. I tried to use this for Gladiator Armor Optimization (bonus of 1 to AC every 5 levels). However, it seems to set the AC to whatever number is enter in there. Instead of improving AC by one at 5th level it set BAC to 1. Is that the intended use of the AC field in Class Advancement?

I did end up resolving the issue by setting an effect Armor Optimization; AC:[LVL/5] which did the trick.

Figured out how to divorce the Turning, Divine Spellcasting, and Aura from the Gladiator class thanks to your direction.

One thing I noticed is there was a box marked AC. I assumed this was a bonus that would be added to AC on level up. I tried to use this for Gladiator Armor Optimization (bonus of 1 to AC every 5 levels). However, it seems to set the AC to whatever number is enter in there. Instead of improving AC by one at 5th level it set BAC to 1. Is that the intended use of the AC field in Class Advancement?

I did end up resolving the issue by setting an effect Armor Optimization; AC:[LVL/5] which did the trick.
    The AC field in advancement is strictly for base AC updates. I added that so that the old style monks and similar classes could be properly configured.

There is currently no mod AC field in advancement but you could add an advanced effect of something like "Gladiator;Level 1;AC: 1" and add another for the other levels they get them.
    ---

Thread Information