Starfinder Playlist
Page 26 of 132 First ... 1624252627283676126 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tantauralus View Post
    If I understand correctly buying a FGU licence (either during the kickstarter or later) will
    a) not upgrade your existing FGC licence in any way. you will get a new licence for FGU that only works with FGU. So if you own a FGC Standard licence and buy a FGU Ultimate licence your FGC licence will stay Standard
    b) not get you a FGC licence. So if you do not own a FGC licence and buy a FGU licence you will only have a FGU licence

I created this matrix.
    The left column shows which FGC licence you own when plegding the kickstarter.
    The top row shows the FGU licence you pledge for.
    The intersections show which licences you will own afterwards.

FGU Standard pledged FGU Ultimate pledged no FGU licence pledged
    FGC Standard owned FGC Standard and FGU Standard FGC Standard and FGU Ultimate FGC Standard
    FGC Ultimate owned FGC Ultimate and FGU Standard FGC Ultimate and FGU Ultimate FGC Ultimate
    no FGC licence owned FGU Standard FGU Ultimate no licence for both

afaik:
    The kickstarter offers discounts for FGU licences.
    The kickstarter does not offer FGC upgrades (FGC and FGU licences are seperate ones).
    The kickstarter does not give people without a FGC licence a FGC licence.
    That matrix doesn't seem to be accurate. You don't change your license type when pledging if you go from FGC to FGU. You have to do that outside of the Kickstarter first and then you will get the same kind of license that you already have for FGC whenever you upgrade to FGU.

What do you mean by licence type? Standard/Ultimate or FGC/FGU?

As I interpreted it so far:
    If if have FGC Standard and pledge for FGU Ultimate i will have FGC standard and FGU Ultimate

Or did you mean the kickstarter won't allow you to pledge for an FGU Ultimate (not even the newcommer level) if you only have a FGC Standard-Licence (you would have to upgrade to FGC Ultimate first)?

Edit:
    fixed mixed up level from rookie to the newcommer which I ment
    Last edited by tantauralus; April 11th, 2019 at 17:39. Reason: fixed mixed up level from rookie to the newcommer which I ment

Blog Entries
    If you have FGC Standard and you want FGU Ultimate you will have to do one of two things:

Buy FGU Newcomer. You will then have FGU Ultimate and FGC Standard
    Buy FGC Ultimate Upgrade and then FGU Rookie Upgrade. You will have FGC Ultimate and FGU Ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    If you have FGC Standard and you want FGU Ultimate you will have to do one of two things:
    Buy FGU Newcomer. You will then have FGU Ultimate and FGC Standard
    Sorry, I mixed up rookie and newcommer in my last post. fixed it.

So my matrix seems correct to me , it simply misses the pledge one would need to use for the result.
    I will try to come up with a better/easier to understand matrix to reduce possible confusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiocm View Post
    What programming language will be used to write new Rulesets in FGU?

How will be the localization of FGU? Can we expect some non english translations by the launch time?
    I dont think that SmiteWorks have the resources to do localised versions...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddaley View Post
    Has there been mention of a release date for this? I haven't seen one, but haven't read through the 25 pages of comments either (I did make it about half way through).
    KS will go live May 1st. FGU v1 release date will be scheduled when the KS goes live, but it is expected to be December 2019.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am glad to see that Fantasy Grounds and Fantasy Ground Unity will be kept separate. Every piece of software and every game I've ever seen switch to Unity suffered a significant decline in quality due to Unity Bloat, Unity's primary feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyrr View Post
    I am glad to see that Fantasy Grounds and Fantasy Ground Unity will be kept separate. Every piece of software and every game I've ever seen switch to Unity suffered a significant decline in quality due to Unity Bloat, Unity's primary feature.
    Like? FG is not PC game in the full meaning. Also at some point FGC will be dropped and only Unity will remain.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I've never seen any games decline because of the Unity engine and all I can see is Fantasy Grounds taking off from many improvements from Unity.

The only issue I can see is if people are using PC's older than Methuselah (in tech timeline terms) already and barely running FGC now ...

But I already questioned my players and out of 12 players (two groups), one of them has a 5yr old PC but he upgraded the video card last year and the lowest system RAM any of them has is 12GB. Most have 16, I have 32. I really don't see any of my players having any performance issues with Unity. If anything, the 64x architecture will mean better performance.

Thread Information