5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 25 of 132 First ... 1523242526273575125 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
    Any thoughts on how current (FG Classic) libraries will work during (and post) beta? If i have items bought via both steam and the website, will I have access to them via beta, or do i have to export relevant material and "start fresh"?

Any help/clarification would be appreciated!

PS:
    I'm also going to add my name to the growing list of people requesting the ability to upgrade from standard to ultimate via kickstarter1
    All current DLC will work with FGU.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is there an upgrade from our current FG ultimate license to a unity license?

Or do we have to purchase a new license?
    Last edited by sorvan76; April 11th, 2019 at 00:06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sorvan76 View Post
    Is there an upgrade from our current FG ultimate license to a unity license?

Or do we have to purchase a new license?
    During the Kickstarter you will have a chance to buy an upgrade from FGC to FGU. Price depend upon how long you have had your FGC Ultimate license. See first post.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    During the Kickstarter you will have a chance to buy an upgrade from FGC to FGU. Price depend upon how long you have had your FGC Ultimate license. See first post.
    Thanks. Will Kickstarter be available through Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by sorvan76 View Post
    Thanks. Will Kickstarter be available through Steam?
    Nope. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post433038
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What programming language will be used to write new Rulesets in FGU?

How will be the localization of FGU? Can we expect some non english translations by the launch time?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    So I have to make Kickstarter account now? :O
    Not much reason not to... Kickstarter isn't like Twitter or Facebook. I resist most social platforms, but have had a kickstarter account since Wasteland 2 kickstarted.

Has there been mention of a release date for this? I haven't seen one, but haven't read through the 25 pages of comments either (I did make it about half way through).

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocm View Post
    What programming language will be used to write new Rulesets in FGU?
    The same as FGC (LUA for code, XML for layout and control definition) to maintain backwards compatibility with existing rulesets and extensions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If I understand correctly buying a FGU licence (either during the kickstarter or later) will
    a) not upgrade your existing FGC licence in any way. you will get a new licence for FGU that only works with FGU. So if you own a FGC Standard licence and buy a FGU Ultimate licence your FGC licence will stay Standard
    b) not get you a FGC licence. So if you do not own a FGC licence and buy a FGU licence you will only have a FGU licence

I created this matrix.
    The left column shows which FGC licence you own when plegding the kickstarter.
    The top row shows the FGU licence you pledge for.
    The intersections show which licences you will own afterwards.

FGU Standard pledged FGU Ultimate pledged no FGU licence pledged
    FGC Standard owned FGC Standard and FGU Standard FGC Standard and FGU Ultimate FGC Standard
    FGC Ultimate owned FGC Ultimate and FGU Standard FGC Ultimate and FGU Ultimate FGC Ultimate
    no FGC licence owned FGU Standard FGU Ultimate no licence for both

afaik:
    The kickstarter offers discounts for FGU licences.
    The kickstarter does not offer FGC upgrades (FGC and FGU licences are seperate ones).
    The kickstarter does not give people without a FGC licence a FGC licence.

Thread Information