DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Standardized Release Dates

I do recall Perkins and Welch saying that this is the first release with only one release date instead of the usual two. it was on the last episode of Dragon Talk.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zack2488 View Post
    I do recall Perkins and Welch saying that this is the first release with only one release date instead of the usual two. it was on the last episode of Dragon Talk.
    Well, there goes their last support of FLGS's. One more nail...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Well, there goes their last support of FLGS's. One more nail...
    My thought exactly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    My thought exactly.
    Its probably a good thing... every time i go into my local I buy something just because I feel bad....

I think if you want the alternate covers, those are still FLGS exclusive. I've had bad luck with Amazon and my 5e books, most of the corners come bent or frayed, so I still go to the FLGS for books.

Yes, my Amazon experience was bad too. With my D&D purchase the air-bags they used to pack the shipment with deflated, and so the corners were banged around a bit, to top it off there was some sand/gravel that found its way in the box which scratched and engraved into the covers.
    For buying online I have had the best luck just ordering from the cheapest sellers on eBay surprisingly.

The gaming stores can be strange with the conditions of their new books.
    One store is way bigger but their new books are often beat up a bit; bent corners, scratches, the entire book has a bow in it... At times I swear they are taking in seconds as even the quality of the some of the books can look questionable.
    The other store in the same area seems to have rather pristine copies, in fact they go through the trouble of shrink wrapping all the books when they get them in and place them on the shelf.

However it does not matter which store I go to in the end, as by the time you figure in the gas to get to the store and back and paying full price for just one book, I could have ordered five books online. I'm not exaggerating either

When it comes to the physical books I am more of a collector than anything, as most of my reading/use is done in the Fantasy Grounds modules. I can still get use out of the info displayed on the DM Screens.

But I look forward to getting Ghosts of Saltmarsh for both FG and the book.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    I thought I heard an interview with Chris Perkins where he said they were standardizing release dates. So Amazon, FLGS, and VTT get it all at the same time. I think it may have been on Dragon Talk or Between the Sheets.
    I heard that too, I was thinking it was on Spoilers and Swag but it could have been one of those too. They said it was a logistical nightmare and it was ending.

Thread Information