DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Keepass is a great free alternative for anyone needing a password manager.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

In Cyber Security the approach is not "if we get hacked" but "when we get hacked" and the policies/approach the company takes to address the issues.

I think its very open and transparent what ddavison has posted regarding the information held about us - their customers and users.

One thing to be aware of is like all contracts - if SmiteWorks were to have a data breach in the future, SmiteWorks is responsible for our data - if they choose to use a 3rd party to process our data/payments/update servers/...etc it would not remove SmiteWorks responsibility to protect their userbase/data as our contract is with SmiteWorks, and SmiteWorks contract is with the 3rd party (not us).

Saying that I believe SmiteWorks would work with us and be transparent unlike many other companies - this being based on their approach to customer engagement in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Just some food for thought here and to ease people's minds:
    • Passwords are hashed in our system and we can't recover them, we can only reset/replace them
    • Our system stores emails, forum posts, blogs and purchase history.
    • Our system does not store any financial data for customers or customer addresses. Those are all offloaded to PayPal and don't enter our system at all. Even monthly subscriptions are billed directly from PayPal and not from our end.
    • Steam handles all payment, financial and other information for customers on Steam. We only get enough info to link a purchase to an account here.
    • We contract out to a firm to regularly review and patch our servers and we apply the latest forum software updates for the stable version we are working with
    • We maintain and archive server access and error logs that we periodically review with our outside contractor
    • We utilize Cloudflare as an extra layer of protection on top for protection against a wide array of attacks

I do encourage people to use different passwords for different sites.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

I find spelling mistake in the title of this thread to be annoying. . I really doubt this data breach caused any gaming sites to come into being.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    I find spelling mistake in the title of this thread to be annoying. . I really doubt this data breach caused any gaming sites to come into being.
    Well, I've never understood, or cared about the difference in effected and affected, so, oh well

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Most people do not care about their security until something happens

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    I changed it for you
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I changed it for you
    Ta.

Thread Information