Starfinder Playlist

Player Connecting But Cannot Load Any Data

Hello everyone,

I've been using FG for well over a year and recently moved. We set up all the Port Forwarding exactly as we did before, but having issues getting players to connect properly.

The player is connecting to the game, however it takes about 5 minutes for the connection to open, and when it does, his game does not load any modules or information. Even his chat box does not work even though it works on GM's end.

Please let me know what other info you need to help me resolve this?

Blog Entries
    What version are you running? Which version is your playing running?
    Have they loaded the books?
    How large is the fantasygrounds.exe process on the player's computer?
    What is the player's operating system?
    Have you had the player delete their cache and try reconnecting?
    How much are you sharing and what has the player loaded? How long have they waited for it to download?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by karilan View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've been using FG for well over a year and recently moved. We set up all the Port Forwarding exactly as we did before, but having issues getting players to connect properly.

The player is connecting to the game, however it takes about 5 minutes for the connection to open, and when it does, his game does not load any modules or information. Even his chat box does not work even though it works on GM's end.

Please let me know what other info you need to help me resolve this?
    Can the player connect to any other GM?
    If so then maybe the GM and this one player can install Hamachi to allow that player to continue to play.
    If they cannot connect to another GM then something is blocking their connection - either their firewall or a software firewall.
    Again Hamchi will bypass the Router but software will still need to be configured.

Thanks for the replies. We found a work around and posted about it in a similar thread. Here's the link in case anyone else has the same issue.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...xit-game/page4

For more details tho:
    We couldn't try connecting to other GMs at the time
    The player with the issue tried PC and laptop - both on same network as GM - and both had same issue
    The player could not even see any books to load. Even the welcome message wouldn't come up in chat.

Blog Entries
    If they are on the same network as you they MUST use your LAN address.
    Your firewall/router will block the traffic otherwise.

Thread Information