DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

What did I Just Buy?

It doesn't look as though my new purchase has added anything to my FG.

I bought The Curse of Strahd campaign, through Steam actually, and I thought I was supposed to get maps and images and story lines, ETC. But where is all of it? I'm looking in the installation folder and they're empty. What did I just buy?

Can someone please explain to me how to use these mods and add-ons or why I have no content?

Have you linked your Steam account to your FG account? Did you run an update?

Hi sulriel welcome to FG.

Once you have done what Andraax suggests you’ll be able to access the module by clicking the library button, then on modules. Find Curse of Strahd in the module list that opens and click load. You will then be able to access the module from the library or from the story button.

Just in case you are not aware you sync your Smiteworks and Steam accounts via the manage button in settings. Once synced update FG to download your purchase.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Also note that their is a requirement listed on the product page for what you need before you can access the content. It is;

Requirements: A license for Fantasy Grounds (Standard or Ultimate) or an active license subscription, with the built-in 5E Ruleset.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Make sure you’ve done the following:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial

And:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...count_To_Steam
    Then run another update to download your Steam purchases.

Finally, start a 5E campaign and do what Zacchaeus mentions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sigh... yes.. I'm not a total moron. I have already purchased the Ultimate License and have had everything linked. Keys, Steam Account and all, which is the reason why I'm starting this thread. Because even with all of that, after I did the update, post-purchase, all I got out of the Curse of Strahd purchase was a folder under the the same name, and nothing inside. HOWEVER, by the time I submitted this thread, it appears that the content began to show up. Maybe it needed time to sync up? I don't know. I bought the Monster Manual through my FG account to see if THAT would show up, and it did along with the steam purchase. BUT until today, The MM Decal wasn't there. So it seems like the content is coming in randomly.

I do appreciate the replies though. You guys got on it quick and that's awesome. What I would like though is some kind of checklist of some sort to know exactly what's in my purchase and a way to identify it all. I know theres a summery in the product page description, but is there a detailed list of the exact files I should be expecting? And maybe you could lead me to the right place for that and the best place to start using The Curse of Strahd? You know, a good way for a beginner DM to setup using the purchased campaign. I'm still not sure where the reading material is for The Curse of Strahd, if that's included.

Thanks in advance!

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by folder of the same name with nothing in it, and what you are describing seems to be rather unusual behaviour. Modules download all at once, they don’t come in bits. Make sure that the place where you are installing the FGdata files is one you have full read/write permission to and you aren’t using any kind of cloud based synced backup.

The Curse of Strahd is a single module which you will find in your vault folder with the file name WOTC5ECOS. To access this module (and I hesitate to go through this since you seem to know what you are taking about) start FG, open or create a new campaign, click the library button and then the modules button. This will open up a list of modules. Find Curse of Strahd, click load.

The content of the module is now available in the campaign via campaign buttons. The best place to start is in the Story list. At the top there will be a (Contents/) entry. Click that to get the module index.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    As mentioned by Mr. Z, the module gets downloaded to your vault folder. Everything in the vault is encrypted and only accessible from inside FG. So, not sure if you were aware of that or not. Not really a checklist though as the file is all or none.

I don't have CoS so not sure if it has a decal or not.

Also not sure what things you are looking for, like number of images, story entries etc....

Happy New Year!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, don't look for "folders" when you purchase FG content. The content is accessible inside FG. Just launch FG, load a campaign and go to your Library to activate the module. If you go to the Library and don't see something you purchased then that's when you start worrying about whether something got tied to your account, your account is syncing properly with the store and/or Steam, etc.

If you create a campaign and call it Curse of Strahd however, then you *will* see a folder in your FG Campaign's directory, where it will store anything special for that campaign.

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the help and info. Things are working perfectly fine as far as getting all my DLC material. I don't know what the delay was in the beginning, but all is well now in that department.

So I am now making my purchases through Steam, purposely and specifically because the DLC gets logged as "OWNED" when done this way. I bought the Monster Manual and a couple other things directly from this site, so is there a way to link my FG.com buys to my Steam account? Like adding a key? If not, and I know I'm probably asking for the moon on this, it's not the end of the world! I'm just an organization, OCD freak, and I wish I had made all my purchases through steam now just for that reason. So I can browse through the plethora of content, yet acquired, and conveniently have previous purchases darkened and tagged with "In Library".

In any case, as a newcomer to the Fantasy Grounds world, I must say that I've been enjoying it quite a bit. And I kinda answered my own question by doing some research to find a good starting ground... thanks for the tip on opening the module from the Story entries... but I wanted to get advice on a beginner adventure setting as well as how to start the campaign. Guess you didn't know I was asking as someone who is new to D&D as well as Fantasy Grounds.

So my answer is, "Lost Mine of Phandelver". It's for Level 1 PCs and up from there. So, if any other new DMs come across this forum post, this campaign I found to be a good starting point so far. A secondary choice I've been looking at has been, "Legacy of the Crystal Shard". But I've purchased so much now, I need to wait before getting another bundle.

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS

I'm having trouble with the connection. I've done port forwarding on my router/modem to no avail. I'm checking to make sure my box is working properly... Not sure what the issue is. I am getting FAILED returns in FG and at the site I was directed to. This may not be an issue for you guys, but I don't recall having problems with opening ports before. I've looked over the forum for answers. Any tips or resources you can point me to would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Information