Starfinder Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    PM'd you with the details.

Blog Entries
    Note, you can load FG on a second computer with the same license as long as it is for your own use.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So. Weirdness abounds.

I tried, as suggested by Damned (thanks for your help, BTW), to disable TCP Flood Control....didn't help.

I then loaded up FG on my old laptop. And it worked! My friend was able to connect and roll dice and everything.

Which is sort of a problem because my old laptop sucks, is on its last legs, and is very slow. I really can't run a campaign on it.

Now, at least I know it is my MSI laptop that is somehow the problem and not my network settings or anything like that. But I'd really like to get FG working on my new laptop. Not sure what could be causing the problem. Both laptops are using the latest version of Windows 10. Both have the same Windows 10 AV. Both have the same firewall settings. Could there really be some hardware issue causing this? If so....any ideas?

BTW, my new laptop has also had a problem with the generic Windows 10 email program that comes with Windows 10. It can receive mail, but it cannot send it out (sent emails always error out) and it cannot connect to Yahoo mail at all (my old lapgtop can do all of these things).

I will be going onto the MSI forums to see if they can help, but if anyone here has any ideas, I'd appreciate the help.

Regards,

Devin

Blog Entries
    open an Administrative CMD prompt and type:

netsh int ip reset
    netsh winsock reset
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /flushdns
    nbtstat -RR

reboot
    update your port forward settings as your laptop may have a new IP...

Hello.

Well, I fixed the problem. Turns out it was a very obscure driver needing to be updated that was found by a proprietary driver updater put out by MSI. That fixed not only my FG problem, but my email problems as well.

Thanks for all of your assistance. It's nice to see good customer support, and I look forward to using FG now!

Thread Information