5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 59 of 105 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    A special thank you to those of you who have contributed towards the project on PayPal, you know who you are. It doesn't go unnoticed and is appreciated, thank you!
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

@Halfront
    Thank you for putting the screenshot and text together, I've added it to the first post to help guide new users.

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

When i remove teh Fail or success Marker the Token get pushed to another layer I assumed that there was a conflict with another ext. i was using but that does not seem to be the case. When i Remove Token helper the Problem ceased but the display for sucess or fail did not display eiether. i know Token help works with Combat Enhancer ext. So i am looking for some help to fix this problem

@benedict
    That does seem odd. I have never seen this happen and I've ran multiple games using my extension for months now.

Are there any error messages in the error log (type /console then press enter in chat)?
    Is it a specific token only or does it happen for all tokens? NPC or Player? Does it always happen?

Start by making sure you have the newest versions of the extensions, then create a brand new campaign and only load those two extensions. Add an image (not from a module), apply grid, add a couple of NPCs where at least on has an ability that calls for a save. Use that ability to get the save checkmark up. Remove the checkmark with the clear saves button.

Does the problem still occur?

If not then it's something specific with the scenario you're saving in. It could be the map you use, the grid, the module, the NPC's, the abilities or PC's involved. I short I need enough information for a way to replicate the problem myself in order to test it out and find the root of the issue.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; June 29th, 2019 at 17:01.

Wanted to try this out, but I get a ton of errors. Here are a few.

Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token_DeathIndicator.lua"]:37: attempt to call field 'getHealthInfo' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1214: attempt to index field 'condcomps_extra' (a nil value)

I couldn't find these lua scripts, fresh download (today). Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melborne View Post
    Wanted to try this out, but I get a ton of errors. Here are a few.

Runtime Notice: s'manager_effect_adnd.lua' | s'isValidCheckEffect' | s'bResult' | bTRUE
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token_DeathIndicator.lua"]:37: attempt to call field 'getHealthInfo' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:1214: attempt to index field 'condcomps_extra' (a nil value)

I couldn't find these lua scripts, fresh download (today). Any ideas?
    Are you using ANY other extensions? Do you have both extensions for this both installed? Is FG updated to the latest build? Are you in the Live or Test channel, you should be in Live.
    Does it duplicate in a brand new campaign?

Please post a screen shot of your chat window just after starting the campaign.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Doesn't duplicate in a brand new campaign.

Other extensions yes. Yes both. updated, ultimate. Live.

Then turn all other extensions off and test if you still get these errors If not, then your errors are due to incompatibilities with other extensions (this extension is a very big one, so probably indeed an incompatibility)

Hey @Styrmir , interesting stuff you've done here.

I got wind that someone was forking/modding the original AK and that's cool and all, but recently I heard there's talk about trying to 'dodge' the GPL. Now I haven't read this monstrous topic, but I did look about 6 or so pages to see what all this hubaloo was all about.

I see you've done a bunch of mods atop AK, but there was specific speech about how it's "wholly something different" when trying to wiggle off the license. I did a quick code diff, and excluding the FG base CoreRPG + 5e code as well as the Layers code from Zeus (+additions from tren), it's still >70% my GPL base, and that amounts to several thousand lines of logic excluding comments and notes.

I'm merely here asking you to respect the GPL. I see that you're prepping to port to unity, and that's fine and all. But if you want to move to private code, you'll have to do so without 'refactor-copying' parts of AK, or referencing it while writing private code. Speaking of headers, I see that you stripped all the file headers in favor of a global license. I specifically left that there since I knew there was a good chunk of CoreRPG code that is SmiteWorks that is not covered by GPL, and I did so per file as there are a number of files that are full GPL with no smiteworks influence aside invoking API function calls. Blanket licensing it as mixed will cause issues as if needed, I still have my git history logs too if I need to make a non-compliance argument. Of coarse, if you keep it all GPL, then you don't need to worry about compliance.

Oh, and not to you specifically Styrmir, but there was some chatter about "how I don't know know what GPL is". Er... I thought I went over this in that large topic prior, but people are free to repost GPL code. Editing someones post to re-establish it is something wholly different, but if someone wants to repost it in a new topic, it's perfectly fine. I merely want it to be crystal clear that I do not support it on FG personally, but by GPL, it can still be posted. It was never withdrawn from GPL, and also, given how GPL works, you can only make a future version non-GPL (if you're the original author), but older versions that were GPL, still are GPL forever.

If you have specific concerns, you can contact me via email or on the fvtt discord channel as I don't keep tabs on FG aside from what I hear from others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Then turn all other extensions off and test if you still get these errors If not, then your errors are due to incompatibilities with other extensions (this extension is a very big one, so probably indeed an incompatibility)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/updated_imagewindow.lua"]:264: setGridOffset: Grid size is zero

I still get some random errors here and there; Adding grid to the map, even with zero extensions turned on with this.

My players are receiving; Rule Set Error; Radial; Could not find menu icon, close program.

Edit: Thanks for your help though, as neat as this is; I'll look at it in a few years for another campaign, if it's still around.

Thread Information