Starfinder Playlist
Page 41 of 76 First ... 31394041424351 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Well, bother. Still no success, not on the test, not with a player trying to connect. canyouseeme.org reports the connection timing out on not only port 1802, but 80 too. What would be the options at this point, if everything else appears good?
    1. FGU uses UDP and canyouseeme only checks TCP
    2. Why would 80 be open?
    3. If you can switch your screen to english and you want me to look at your setup remotely please pm me your email address

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Nothing looks wrong in the provided info.

1. You need TCP 1802 for FGC
    2. You need UDP 1802 for FGU
    3. Dont have both FGC and FGU running at the same time - for some reason at least on my system I cannot host when I have both running
    4. Check for any TCP Flood or UDP flood settings in your computers firewall settings and turn them off
    5. Do you even see the players trying to connect?
    I do have port forwarding on 1802 for both TCP and UDP. I test both FGC and FGU separately, never running together. I do see players connecting on FCU, but they continually get stuck on the "acquiring files" stage on their side (which I understand is an issue that is being looked at). For FGC, I have never seen a player connect successfully. I tested the FGC demo client from another laptop at home via ZeroTier VPN and ran into a licensing error. Maybe the server was down, so I will try again.

I have no idea what flood settings are.

Locations that are less likely to work but may -
    • GM is in South or Central America
    • GM is in a European Country that is well advanced in IPv6 deployment
    Things to check
    This next section is very much just about the GM.

• Load Fantasy Grounds and run the Connection Test
    • If successful give yourself a big smile and begin preparing for the hordes
    • If unsuccessful perform the following steps

1. Confirm there is only one copy of Fantasy Grounds running on your computer. If there are 2 copies close both, launch once and retest
    2. Write down the Internal and External IP Addresses and the Alias (if enabled)
    3. On a Windows Computer go to Network and Sharing Centre and make sure the Network Profile is set to Private and then retest. You may have more than one network adapter - identify and change the correct one.
    4. Go into your Windows Firewall or other Software Firewall and create a new Rule - Accept ANY/ALL connections from ANY/ALL computer/address on specific ports TCP 1802 and then retest

The next bits are where it can get tricky.
    If you have confirmed that your network connection is set to Private and that you have created a rule to accept Inbound TCP Connections on port 1802 from anywhere then we move on to more networking topics.
    Hey, I'm currently using roll20 and I live in Brasil (South America). A couple of youtubers that I do follow and like recommended cheking out Fantasy Grounds again, mostly due to the Unity Client.

With that in mind.
    1) Does these connections restrictions still apply for the Unity Client? I noticed that now you have a option to select to host in the cloud (and to select the port, if you're hosting on LAN) on the Hosting section of the client and that got me a bit confused on that end.
    2) Where is the connection test on the Unity Client? I could not find it.

I ask this because exchange rates from BRL to USD are a bit steep at the moment and forking money to see if the players can connect is not something that I can afford right now.

Furthermore, my Intention with going from roll20 to Fantasy Grounds is mostly due to the (as I have been told) superior Dynamic Lightning System, and because I want to code my own "house rules" and keep the full features of the product while doing so. I found a forum to discuss rulesets, extensions and house rules, but I could not find in my initial search anything specific about adding house rules (and homebrew classes) to already existing rulesets, so any pointers that lead to this information are greatly appreciated, I'm a software developer so coding and learning Lua are not a barrier/concern, just understanding how to make the code into a proper package, and probably any documentation of structures and the like would also be useful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunarbastos View Post
    With that in mind.
    1) Does these connections restrictions still apply for the Unity Client? I noticed that now you have a option to select to host in the cloud (and to select the port, if you're hosting on LAN) on the Hosting section of the client and that got me a bit confused on that end.
    If you use the cloud brokered connections of FGU then you do not need port forwarding. If you chose to use the LAN connection option then you will.
    There is currently no connection test in FGU.

I ask this because exchange rates from BRL to USD are a bit steep at the moment and forking money to see if the players can connect is not something that I can afford right now.
    Understandable
    You'll probably want to buy form Steam, which has a 2 hour refund policy :O The FG Store has a 30 day refund policy but doesn't have regional pricing like Steam does.

Furthermore, my Intention with going from roll20 to Fantasy Grounds is mostly due to the (as I have been told) superior Dynamic Lightning System, and because I want to code my own "house rules" and keep the full features of the product while doing so. I found a forum to discuss rulesets, extensions and house rules, but I could not find in my initial search anything specific about adding house rules (and homebrew classes) to already existing rulesets, so any pointers that lead to this information are greatly appreciated, I'm a software developer so coding and learning Lua are not a barrier/concern, just understanding how to make the code into a proper package, and probably any documentation of structures and the like would also be useful.
    Look at any of the videos or tutorials on creating classes. Most (all) rulesets have te ability to create custom homebrew of whatever types the ruleset allows.

I would start a new thread in 'The Tavern' and post what ruleset you are using and what you want to do and folks can give you precise info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Progress!! I got into FGUnity from my other computer. First time ever getting something to connect. When I share an image (artwork or map), my "player" only see the outline and title of the image with the giant red X in the middle. Is this because I haven't shared something correctly or is it a new problem? To clarify. for example I loaded both the Tomb of Annihilation book (which I assume is for me to DM) and the player's Tomb of Annihilation book (which I assume is something they need for the campaign.
    Last edited by bking83485; April 3rd, 2020 at 21:22.

And....got disconnected within 5 minutes and now stuck on "Acquiring file list" yet again. In addition to the empty image (see previous post), the Combat tracker, and the PCs list were also empty when I opened them despite having content in my hosted game.

Actually dumhed you have a Google wifi thingy that probably requires you to NAT your router to your Google and your Google to your PC.
    Once of them has got a changed IP if ot was previously working.
    Sorry took me a while to get back to this. My Google Wifi is my mesh router... connected directly to my ISP's modem. Do I need to change something on my router or my modem? I've double checked that the internal IP on my computer is the same on Fantasy Grounds, on my computer's ipconfig, and on my Google Wifi router.

A couple players ran traceroute to my external IP. It stops after an address that is not my external IP, but has the name of my ISP. If that location is like... the hub before my house, then maybe the problem is in my setup?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bking83485 View Post
    I do have port forwarding on 1802 for both TCP and UDP. I test both FGC and FGU separately, never running together. I do see players connecting on FCU, but they continually get stuck on the "acquiring files" stage on their side (which I understand is an issue that is being looked at). For FGC, I have never seen a player connect successfully. I tested the FGC demo client from another laptop at home via ZeroTier VPN and ran into a licensing error. Maybe the server was down, so I will try again.

I have no idea what flood settings are.
    Are the players connecting via your IPv4 address? Or via the Lobby?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunarbastos View Post
    Hey, I'm currently using roll20 and I live in Brasil (South America). A couple of youtubers that I do follow and like recommended cheking out Fantasy Grounds again, mostly due to the Unity Client.

With that in mind.

Id wait. Brasil is not likely to work with direct connect and there are still plenty of connection issues for many people on FGU lobby.
    Wait until they are ironed out and FGU is on steam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dumhed View Post
    Sorry took me a while to get back to this. My Google Wifi is my mesh router... connected directly to my ISP's modem. Do I need to change something on my router or my modem? I've double checked that the internal IP on my computer is the same on Fantasy Grounds, on my computer's ipconfig, and on my Google Wifi router.

A couple players ran traceroute to my external IP. It stops after an address that is not my external IP, but has the name of my ISP. If that location is like... the hub before my house, then maybe the problem is in my setup?
    What is the LAN IP of your Router? And what is the LAN IP of your Wifi?

Thread Information