5E Character Create Playlist
Page 67 of 76 First ... 17576566676869 ... Last
    1. Your LAN IP Address
    2. The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP as displayed by Fantasy Grounds and as displayed by your Router
    internal 192.168.86.38 External 67.184.224.16 on both FG and Router
    3. Whether you are using Wired or Wireless (and not both)
    Wired off of a wifi extender (google wifi)
    4. Confirmation that you have set your Adapter in Network and Sharing Centre to Private
    Yes
    5. Confirmation of what AV you are running and whether you have set any exceptions
    Yes made port forwarding exception for port 1802
    6. Post the results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command (if you have security concerns you can remove this bit once its been responded to)
    tracet result.png
    7. Confirmation as to what you have setup in your Router if changes have been made
    Only the port forward on 1802 to personnel
    8. Confirmation you do or do not have any Virtualisation NICs
    Do not

This has only started within the last week or two as I was able to run a game on Aug 21 just fine.
    Last edited by Raelbug; September 5th, 2020 at 17:57.

1. 192.168.2.18
    2. 192.168.2.18 (internal) 70.29.82.23 (external)
    3. Wired
    4. Yes
    5. Port forwarding 1802 on my bell home hub 3000 enabled
    7. none - Other then port forwarding
    8. No i dont

This as well has been working for me as early as 3 weeks ago. However now my players cannot connect. I also checked in windows FG is set to be allowed to go through firewall. I have removed it, reloaded program and set it again as well as tried manually to set it. no luck.
    Last edited by Dragontail; September 9th, 2020 at 13:45.

whoops posted this twice for some reason sorry
    Last edited by Dragontail; September 8th, 2020 at 03:13.

Blog Entries
    Raelbug and Dragontail,
    I'm not one of the networking gurus, but since it was working and is no longer, the things to check are;
    - Verify your internet connection is set to private, Windows sometimes changes this with an update
    - Your computer's network IP address may have changed. Verify your current FG computer IP address is the same one that your port forwarding is pointing to.
    - Verify your ISP has not enabled Advanced Security on your account. Many US ISPs are doing this without telling you. More info here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    - Some ISPs are also moving to CGNAT networks, which mean you will no longer have a public facing IP on your own router. Both of you appear to have this (the 10.x IP address) and if I'm right means port forwarding will no longer work. The best suggestion I've heard for this is to call your ISP and tell them' I have a security system that requires an external IP address and it has stopped working, did you move me to a shared IP pool? If so, can you give me a public IP address?'

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Is there any known fix being made for this on FGC or FGU?
    Or is this a problem that still happens if you use FGU, as right now I use FGC
    Last edited by Raelbug; September 8th, 2020 at 17:13.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbug View Post
    Is there any known fix being made for this on FGC or FGU?
    Or is this a problem that still happens if you use FGU, as right now I use FGC
    For what issue? It depends on what the issue is.

FGU has brokering for network connections, so you don't need to port forward. But it's always possible your network security is so aggressive that it will block any connections. But not sure I have heard of this happening outside of corporate networks.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Upgraded to FGU, problem was resolved. Thank you for your help and guidance, I did appreciate it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbug View Post
    Upgraded to FGU, problem was resolved. Thank you for your help and guidance, I did appreciate it!
    Glad I helped. Happy gaming

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Raelbug and Dragontail,
    I'm not one of the networking gurus, but since it was working and is no longer, the things to check are;
    - Verify your internet connection is set to private, Windows sometimes changes this with an update
    - Your computer's network IP address may have changed. Verify your current FG computer IP address is the same one that your port forwarding is pointing to.
    - Verify your ISP has not enabled Advanced Security on your account. Many US ISPs are doing this without telling you. More info here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    - Some ISPs are also moving to CGNAT networks, which mean you will no longer have a public facing IP on your own router. Both of you appear to have this (the 10.x IP address) and if I'm right means port forwarding will no longer work. The best suggestion I've heard for this is to call your ISP and tell them' I have a security system that requires an external IP address and it has stopped working, did you move me to a shared IP pool? If so, can you give me a public IP address?'
    - Internet is set to private
    - Ip address hasnt changed and i have looked at FG and computer IP they are the same
    - I am not in the US im in Canada, and nothing has changed on my service providers end (after a lengthy phone call to their tech support to check)

Windows update reset your local firewall rules?

Thread Information