FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 50 of 76 First ... 40484950515260 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Yes - she should use the LOCAL address and your players will use the EXTERNAL (24.229....) address.
    You have elected to use LOCAL/Port Forwarding rather than lobby. I prefer this method but it does require you to set it up.

Hello, new player here.

Our GM has a ULTIMATE account for the group to play on FGU. We are getting so awkward connection issues with the party:
    - some players may easily connect, both if the GM hosts via cloud or via direct IP connection. These players doesn't share the provider and are connected from a different country than the GM.
    - some players stay stuck on loading FG screen for indefinite time. Being without a loading bar doesn't help us understand what's happening. Patching back and forth with 04/04 -> 04/13 patch & sharing the cache data directly happened to resolve for one of the players, however we still have one that remains stuck on the loading screen. Reproducing the resolution troubleshoot didn't help.
    - one of the players receives the 'stuck_on_attempting_resolved_connection_to_server ' error, without even reaching the FG screen loading. This while other players are already connected to the GM. We were able to resolve this issue yesterday by having him making a new demo account, however I believe we can't keep asking him to create a new account every time.

Since we are seeing so many strange (and different!) results, do you know which general rules of thumbs we can apply / which troubleshoot we can try on the software?
    I very much believe that it's not a connection issue (some players may connect to GM already), and we went through the basic troubleshooting allowing the FU process on player's clients on windows firewall.

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
    Hello, new player here.

Our GM has a ULTIMATE account for the group to play on FGU. We are getting so awkward connection issues with the party:
    - some players may easily connect, both if the GM hosts via cloud or via direct IP connection. These players doesn't share the provider and are connected from a different country than the GM.
    - some players stay stuck on loading FG screen for indefinite time. Being without a loading bar doesn't help us understand what's happening. Patching back and forth with 04/04 -> 04/13 patch & sharing the cache data directly happened to resolve for one of the players, however we still have one that remains stuck on the loading screen. Reproducing the resolution troubleshoot didn't help.
    - one of the players receives the 'stuck_on_attempting_resolved_connection_to_server ' error, without even reaching the FG screen loading. This while other players are already connected to the GM. We were able to resolve this issue yesterday by having him making a new demo account, however I believe we can't keep asking him to create a new account every time.

Since we are seeing so many strange (and different!) results, do you know which general rules of thumbs we can apply / which troubleshoot we can try on the software?
    I very much believe that it's not a connection issue (some players may connect to GM already), and we went through the basic troubleshooting allowing the FU process on player's clients on windows firewall.

Thanks,
    Welcome

For FGU connection issues you should check this post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hat-To-Provide

If that doesn't resolve the issues then you can post in their the logs and such requested. Also note, that their were two updates today, the first one caused problems so make sure EVERYONE is updated to the very latest (like last hour).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello all! Newcomer here as well and needing some assistance setting FG up. Here is what I have:
    1. 192.168.3.115
    2. 97.99.75.4
    3. Wireless
    4. Set to Private
    5. None save Defender and exceptions have been set
    6. Tracing route to dns.google [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 70 ms 96 ms 47 ms 192.168.3.1
    2 33 ms 24 ms 42 ms 142.254.141.13
    3 573 ms 79 ms 305 ms tge0-0-0.dllltx1901h.texas.rr.com [24.28.89.65]
    4 34 ms 43 ms 22 ms agg34.crtntxjt01r.texas.rr.com [24.175.49.213]
    5 67 ms 40 ms 47 ms agg21.dllatxl301r.texas.rr.com [24.175.49.0]
    6 144 ms 52 ms 38 ms bu-ether14.dllstx976iw-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.88]
    7 60 ms 65 ms 44 ms 72.14.220.180
    8 37 ms 44 ms 35 ms 108.170.235.144
    9 36 ms 14 ms 28 ms 108.170.231.71
    10 60 ms 56 ms 87 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

7. Port Forwarding was configured for 1802
    8. No virtuals

Let me know if I can provide anything else for you all. Again, thank you all.

Mordinstorm

Hello! So I've navigated all the posts to try and set up port forwarding but I still can't get "connected." I enabled port 1802 in my router and I even called my ISP and they said that they aren't blocking anything. I have all my information below.

Lan IP: 192.168.1.104
    WAN IP: 100.68.173.139
    Wired Connection
    Network Adaptor is set on private
    No anti-virus
    Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    1 3 ms 2 ms 3 ms arrisatom [192.168.0.1]

I also created the port forwarding rule for my firewall. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi all, I hope that this thread is still being read and answered:

My situation is:
    - I live in student accommodation
    - I live in the UK
    - The internet that my accommodation uses is used by everyone in the building, a company called "Glide".

I have followed to the limits of my understanding with computers, which is not that much, adding the rules to allow port 1802 access through the firewall. I ran the cmd and it appears that I have over 30 hops, I have no idea what that means, but it seems to be a bad thing.

Can anyone help me out? I apologise for not being very tech savvy.

Chris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CannedRandy View Post
    Hello! So I've navigated all the posts to try and set up port forwarding but I still can't get "connected." I enabled port 1802 in my router and I even called my ISP and they said that they aren't blocking anything. I have all my information below.

Lan IP: 192.168.1.104
    WAN IP: 100.68.173.139
    Wired Connection
    Network Adaptor is set on private
    No anti-virus
    Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    1 3 ms 2 ms 3 ms arrisatom [192.168.0.1]

I also created the port forwarding rule for my firewall. Any help would be appreciated!
    Please post the first 5 hops of your traceroute.

Who is your ISP?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdavidwhite View Post
    Hi all, I hope that this thread is still being read and answered:

My situation is:
    - I live in student accommodation
    - I live in the UK
    - The internet that my accommodation uses is used by everyone in the building, a company called "Glide".

I have followed to the limits of my understanding with computers, which is not that much, adding the rules to allow port 1802 access through the firewall. I ran the cmd and it appears that I have over 30 hops, I have no idea what that means, but it seems to be a bad thing.

Can anyone help me out? I apologise for not being very tech savvy.

Chris
    Please post the first five hops of your traceroute.

1 * * * Request timed out.
    2 16 ms 14 ms 14 ms 5.151.228.113
    3 17 ms 15 ms 14 ms 95.175.149.11
    4 15 ms 15 ms 49 ms 95.175.149.1
    5 17 ms 15 ms 15 ms 77.244.141.125

Imon Communications is my ISP. They are a smaller scale business!

Jpeg1.png
    Last edited by CannedRandy; April 17th, 2020 at 05:33.

Thread Information