DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 34 of 53 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    @SuitedRIP
    Just noticed the other extension is a “pay for”. I’m retired, limited budget, I’m not going to buy an extension I don’t need nor want, to fix this. McCullough and Twothy are getting paid for their work, let them earn their pay.

Blog Entries
    I recently received a PM with the following question:
    I downloaded the extension and was wondering if you could help me out. I did see that you removed CR restrictions, but I have downloaded the latest version and when I want to turn my LVL 2 circle of the moon druid into a CR 1 beast, it won't let me saying it can only be transformed into a CR 1/4. Also, on LVL 10, I can't transform into elemental, and I have seen you fixed that, so I am wondering, what could be going wrong for me?
    First, I don't recall removing CR restrictions, I think I have been asked to, but IIRC, I said that I would not do that.

Next, I am not experiencing any problems, I tried to Wild Shape a Circle of the Moon Druid, level 2 into a Brown Bear and had no difficulties.

There are key things that the extension looks for in determining whether to perform the Wild Shape or deny it. The simplest way to put it is, "don't mess with things that Fantasy Grounds does" as you create your character.

Examples are shown below in the screen shots. On the left is the Main page of the character sheet, plus I've the opened the Class/Level dialog and subsequently the Class dialog. Note the circled items, the Class must be "Druid" the level must be 2 or greater.

On the right hand side I've selected the Abilities page of the character sheet. Note that the "Circle of the Moon" feature must exist in the Features ability list.

Spelling, character case and any punctuation must be exact. Don't change it. Doing so will likely cause unexpected results.
    Untitled.png
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

I'm sorry I have tried and tried to figure this out, I am using a MAC so I don't know if that makes a difference. I downloaded the file and placed in the extension folder. I updated my fantasy grounds. I looked for it in modules and in spells and everyplace else I can think to look for it, but I have no idea how to place the extension on the druid in my game. I'm the GM and so I'm doing it from my screen, I have not tried it from the players screen, but I thought I should be able to do it as the GM. I read the troubleshooting guide and the guide on extensions. I really tried not to ask this question because I'm sure it has been answered over and over, but I just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really think this extension will add a lot. Oh also I'm not running a lot of other extensions in fact this and bardic inspiration on the only ones I have downloaded. I haven't even looked at the bardic inspiration yet because I couldn't get this one to work. Again any advice would be appreciated

Blog Entries
    @mtaylor
    You can tell if the extension is loaded by looking at the chat box just after FG starts up. Should say something like “Druid Wild Shapes Implementor v0.0.14”

The second post of this thread tells you how to use it. Just after the first screen shot it says something to the effect of “just drag the beast’s link on to the upper portion of the Druid’s character sheet”. (Drag it on top of the name of the Druid.) That’s it. That all you have to do.

I got it to work. Thank you for your help and thank you for the extension

I am still pretty new to FG but I can't imagine another extension working better than this one. My Druid in the game I GM is actually my wife and she is new to D&D so this helps her so much!! I can't recommend it high enough. Thank you so much for making it and making it available.

Blog Entries
    @mtaylor My pleasure. I’m glad you find it useful.

I have been using with LOS and did not have any issues. I do not use Fog of war so I can't say anything to that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtaylor View Post
    I have been using with LOS and did not have any issues. I do not use Fog of war so I can't say anything to that.
    Thank you very much for reporting this back to me. I appreciate your help.

#1, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOMENESS!

a few questions:
    - I believe in theory this could work but that I have not tested. Could I create "NPCs" for the Circle of Stars druid for each of his star forms? I assume I'd have to set an appropriate challenge rating, and configure the stats of the npc to exactly match the druid's stats, so basically it adds the extra abilities (usually just one). But this seems a lot of effort and adjustment every time stats change to edit the NPCs. Is there a way you could handle this simpler if we name the NPCs something specific so it only inherits the specific abilities of the start forms without changing other stats? Even more awesome would you to include those in the extension (I'm thinking separate model perhaps for NPCs, not sure what an extension can even load to a game).

- Any plans to automate tracking wild shape uses? I do this manually today just by adding a power group and creating a power "wild shape" that has X uses and resets on rest. Would be awesome if you could somehow detect shape changes and track this automatically. Ideally this is something FGU itself should natively support by expanding the "spell slots" section (or add one below for ability use tracking), but in the interim this would be awesome to include here.

- for the Starry Form Dragon I have found another useful extension (5E Starry Dragon Extension by Stv) that handles the "minimum 10 roll" rule of this form. If handling the NPC forms could you perhaps also include similar code automatically to handle this condition? FGU does not have a code able effect to do it I can ad to a PC. This extension does not seem to have any conflict with yours.

- completely unrelated to this extension: any thoughts how to create an extension such that when rolling a 21 (via a custom die that does 1-19,21) that all crit damage is full doubled instead of handling as a standard 5e crit damage, and when rolling a 1 (grit fail) it equally full doubles any damage on a following roll? resistances and immunities would still apply as normal to the new doubled damage. Then how to make al D20 rolls use this die? Preferably a simple on/off toggle in settings that replaces the default D20 with this special D20. This if I'm right may be as simple as accessing the criterial rules from other systems and changing the default D20. Thoughts?

- do you have a Patreon or other way to kick back to you for this amazing work? you deserve it.

Thread Information