DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

The issue is I have my license on both of the computers because I like to work on my campaign on my large monitor at my PC as well as working downstairs on my Mac laptop watching TV with my wife. It just makes no sense that I have to have a free license on my second computer to connect to my Ulitmate license but I cannot use my own Ultimate license just to have a second computer for display. At least we should be able to run an Ulitmate license in demo mode without having to reenter a different license and then redownloading all my stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that a second instance can connect to itself on the same computer, but the logic of forcing someone to only use a free license on the same local network to connect to my own game is really quite baffling. I could get it not letting two computers running same license not able to do so in host mode, but I ought to be able to use my Ultimate license in any way that a free license can be used for God's sake.

Heck, for that matter, I'd have no objection to buying a second ultimate license just to do what I'd like to do without having to enter another license and redownloading all my stuff (which is quite a lot of material and takes over an hour to download) when I revert to my main ultimate license.
    Last edited by Bidmaron; November 9th, 2018 at 02:11.

You *can* use your ultimate license on both computers. You *cannot* log into one computer that is a host using another computer that is using the same license that is hosting.

I know that Andraax. I am just saying it makes no sense that I cannot use my Ulitmate license on my second computer to connect to my own game but if I install a free demo license I can. An ultimate license ought to be able to do at least what a free license can do.

Remember that you cannot effectively run two hosts on the same local network (because of port forwarding limitations), so SW protects itself against people fraudulently using the same license to host two games using the same content. There is just no logic in forcing someone to install a free license on another computer on the same network to connect to their own game. I understand SW doesn't want a license to be shared, and that makes total sense, but the scenario I'm describing isn't sharing a license.

As I said, I'd be happy to buy a second license if there was a way not to have to redownload all my purchased content when I want to use my second computer's large screen to more effectively work on my campaign material.

Blog Entries
    I created a Windows VM with a demo install of FG. Don't use it anymore because I just use my laptop full time now, but for a short while I had it where my brother was using my second computer when he came over to play and had the issue. Since Win 10 doesn't require a license, and VirtualBox and other VM apps are free, no additional cost, just a little more "work" setting it up, but only have to do it once.

EDIT: there is always the wishlist

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yep, there is the wishlist. I'll get around to it. Just bitching because as Shadzar points out I am normally a fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I know that Andraax. I am just saying it makes no sense that I cannot use my Ulitmate license on my second computer to connect to my own game but if I install a free demo license I can. An ultimate license ought to be able to do at least what a free license can do.
    Because if it accepted the same license as a host, what's to stop someone from giving everyone in their group a copy of their license key?

As I said, I'd be happy to buy a second license if there was a way not to have to redownload all my purchased content when I want to use my second computer's large screen to more effectively work on my campaign material.
    And, BTW, the downloads are tied to your login on the forum, there is nothing stopping you from getting a second license for your second computer and putting in the same login from the forum to download the content only when it updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Because if it accepted the same license as a host, what's to stop someone from giving everyone in their group a copy of their license key?
    So what if they did. As long as it prevents two people from hosting using the same license it is no big deal. And if you are worried about someone logging on as a player using the same license, well, that is really not much different than if the host shared all his content with a player with the free license.

Again, I remain a fanboy. Just bitching....

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    And, BTW, the downloads are tied to your login on the forum, there is nothing stopping you from getting a second license for your second computer and putting in the same login from the forum to download the content only when it updates.

I don't think this will work. If you shift to your second license login, you lose all your primary license content and must redownload it when you switch back to your primary license. Unless that has changed recently (I learned that the hard way once when I bought a second license for a friend and installed it on my second computer and then when I went back to my primary license I had to redownload everything)

I don't think this will work. If you shift to your second license login, you lose all your primary license content and must redownload it when you switch back to your primary license. Unless that has changed recently (I learned that the hard way once when I bought a second license for a friend and installed it on my second computer and then when I went back to my primary license I had to redownload everything)
    Why would you need to change if it's two different computers?

Thread Information