Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connectivity issues despite port 1802 being open while FG is running

Hi guys,

I am having trouble hosting a game in fantasy grounds. I have opened port 1802 and let incoming connections matching that port past my firewall. I still get an error while trying to connect to the host game over the internet. I am pretty certain that I set up the port forwarding correctly, since www.canyouseeme.org says that the port is not blocked for 1802.

The warning i get when setting up the game is Network Warning: Client connection closed. I have also tried removing the aliasing and password. Still had no luck. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution to it?

Blog Entries
    Check if your network connection is set to private. Check your anti-virus, check your firewall settings.

There is also a troubleshooting FG module that will walk you through the steps, I don't have a link atm, but if you can find it, I would suggest you go thorugh it.

If still stuck, paste the results of your tracert here so the network gurus can better help.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGeneric View Post
    The warning i get when setting up the game is Network Warning: Client connection closed.
    Where do you get this error, at what point in the load/connection process?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have managed to get rid of that warning. But it now just give me.

Network Notice: Client unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Check your network settings and verify the host address, then try again.

immediately after the player tries to connect.

I think there is definitely a problem. For some reason when i trace to google the connection times out along the way.

Trace.JPG

I am not very good at networking so I have no idea what this means.
    Last edited by SuperGeneric; October 28th, 2018 at 22:57.

Network Notice: Client unable to connect to host - Could not connect to the host. Check your network settings and verify the host address, then try again.

immediately after the player tries to connect.
    Is the player on the same network as the GM or are they trying to connect over the Internet? If on the same network, connect to the local IP address of the GM computer, if over the Internet are you using the alias or the external IP address?

If connecting over the Internet does canyouseeme.org still show port 1802 open?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think there is definitely a problem. For some reason when i trace to google the connection times out along the way.

Trace.JPG

I am not very good at networking so I have no idea what this means.
    That is OK, and it also shows you have a public IP address for your second hop - which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Is the player on the same network as the GM or are they trying to connect over the Internet? If on the same network, connect to the local IP address of the GM computer, if over the Internet are you using the alias or the external IP address?

If connecting over the Internet does canyouseeme.org still show port 1802 open?
    I am trying to connect over internet. Although I am trying to use my computer to do it with a second instance of the launcher. I don't know if that is the problem. I didn't want to bother my friends if I could test it myself, since they live in different time zones.

so long as I have the host game open it shows 1802 as open on canyouseeme.org.

I'll ask one of the players to get on and see if they can connect.
    Last edited by SuperGeneric; October 28th, 2018 at 23:14.

I am trying to connect over internet. Although I am trying to use my computer to do it with a second instance of the launcher. I don't know if that is the problem.
    Yeah, that's not a valid test.

PM me your alias and I can do a quick test connection if you like?

Thread Information