Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: paid GMing

paid GMing

I was wondering if Fantasy Grounds allows paid GMing. With everything going on with Roll20 now im thinking on switching over. Not sure yet still thinking on it. Thanks for the help.

This thread should cover most of what you need to know
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...=paid+gm%27ing
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Thanks for the link just a few questions. What does it mean by a difrerent calendar system and how do you post your own thread. Ive only ever posted in established threads before. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by BrianD&D; September 28th, 2018 at 19:47.

Blog Entries
    It mean using FG forums and calendar

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/gamec.../dashboard.php

Blog Entries
    And start a thread in the LFG forums of your own. In other words, don't reply to someone else's post with details about your game. In short, let them come to you, don't force yourself (or be seen to be) on others.

Of course you can advertise on other sites, etc, but the your game, and game registration has to be through the calendar system here.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Of course you can advertise on other sites, etc, but the your game, and game registration has to be through the calendar system here.
    this applies to games advertised here
    if you advertise here you need to keep the organisation of the game happening here
    if you only advertise elsewhere you can do as you please
    some people seem to object to paid GMing and you may get the odd narky post on your ad - just smile and think of the great game they are missing out on and continue on (so long as you are following those guidelines)

I honestly don't get it, I see nothing unethical with someone making a living running games. Especially in FG, where one can spend untold hours making custom maps, monsters, and other content for their players. If someone is just offering to roll a party through some premade content, yeah, I wouldn't value that highly, but if a GM showed up with a huge Ptolus-sized tome of some crazy setting world they devised with unique places, NPCs, and opponents, it could very much be worth paying for the ride.
    That said, yeah, it'd be gauche for a GM to come busting into a group ad and try to get them to pay if they weren't looking for a hired GM, so it seems perfectly reasonable to make would-be pro GMs have the players come to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    I honestly don't get it...
    Well, here's my take on it - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ose-Paid-Games

Of course, other people have other opinions - and SmiteWorks have given it the OK (within a framework) so if people want to be involved with it then its up to them.
    Last edited by dulux-oz; September 29th, 2018 at 05:59.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Ah. See, I view the world-creating as the part worth paying for, more than the actual game-running. Much like someone who writes a setting book or an adventure. Sitting around the virtual table for three hours could take ten hours of behind the scenes work for writing and statting NPCs, drawing maps, and so on. Making a custom scenario can take a ton of time and effort if it's being done well. I'm definitely willing to pay for a custom-made adventure module.

Thread Information