FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 18 First ... 7891011 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Blog Entries
    I think you stated on the other thread this was solved by trying on your home computer and not work computer. As stated there, that points to security software on your work computer blocking unsigned executables.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hail, Ceazor. (I couldn't resist)

Getting digitally signed is too expensive. I'd love to, but the cheapest I could find it was $74 per year, and I'm not up for that.
    Are you saying that Engineer Suite is blocked from installing, blocked from running once installed, or something else? Like Lord said, try it out on a home machine rather than a work machine.
    Hit me up on Discord if you need anything.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

Quote Originally Posted by Maasq View Post
    Hail, Ceazor. (I couldn't resist)

Getting digitally signed is too expensive. I'd love to, but the cheapest I could find it was $74 per year, and I'm not up for that.
    Are you saying that Engineer Suite is blocked from installing, blocked from running once installed, or something else? Like Lord said, try it out on a home machine rather than a work machine.
    Hit me up on Discord if you need anything.

Maasq
    I got it running at home, I will try it again at the office when I return and update you on these. paying for the signing is pointless, especially since its freeware. Forget that noise.

Thanks again for the great work.

Did not work me? Is this 64 bit? Setup installed but app won't run?

SharedScreenshot.jpg
    SharedScreenshot2.jpg

Update, This does work fine on my Desktop.
    Last edited by gqwebb; September 2nd, 2019 at 23:10.
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Hey fellas, I keep getting this error when I try and load the module in FG.
    "Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Doomskull's Homebrew:db.xml - Error on line 7965: Error reading end tag."

How can I fix this?

Hiya.

Yes, this is a 64-bit application and won't run on 32 bit versions of Windows.

Hope this helps

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Discord channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomskull View Post
    "Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Doomskull's Homebrew:db.xml - Error on line 7965: Error reading end tag."

How can I fix this?
    Hiya. I am at work just now but I'll post a detailed answer later when I get home.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Blog Entries

How can I fix this?
    Until Maasq gets back to you, you can try opening in an XML editor (like Notepad++)and seeing what's on line 7965. Then go back and look before that for some tag (<something>) that is not closed (<\something>). And xml editor can help because it will "connect" all the tags to each other when you select one, like this;
    Screen Shot 09-03-19 at 07.52 AM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

How can I fix this?
    Hiya Doomskull.

You didn't say what you had in your module but I am guessing NPCs with formatted text in the Description tab. This is usually the culprit as the formatting produces overlapping tags (ie a new tag opens before the previous one is closed). The best way to fix this is to go through each NPC in the Project one by one and examine the XML using the 'Validate XML' button. Here's step-by-step instructions in case you need them:

• Open the first NPC in your project. Move to the 'Description' tab and click 'Validate XML'. This doesn't actually do any validating on its own yet - a future task for me - but it does allow you to view the XML without opening up your *.mod file.
    • Look for overlapping tags. I can help with this if you post the results to the Discord channel.
    • If there are errors, go back to the Description tab and remove formatting from the affected area.
    • Reapply formatting carefully - in particular watch out for when a whole line (or end of line) selects automatically as this causes the formatting to break over a linefeed. Make sure you only select to the end of the last word/punctuation mark.
    • Check again with 'validate XML'
    • Save NPC and update Project if any changes were made.
    • Cycle to the next NPC with the 'Open Next NPC' button on the button bar.

I'm sorry for the work this has caused. The RTF formatting is by far the weakest area of the app but it is also the only option within the language I use to program it.

Maasq
    Engineer Suite

Discord channel.

Thanks for the help!
    I have not found the error yet but I'll keep looking. It's there somewhere!

Thread Information