STAR TREK 2d20
Page 15 of 18 First ... 51314151617 ... Last

Thread: Engineer Suite

Hah - go figure. It was 4am and I was in bed on phone didn’t even notice I was in a 5e thread (got here via email “topic alert”

The problem interested me since seemed like a weird interplay. Now it’s not so weird. If you use knockoff pdf, all bets are off on what whoever did what did in making it.

I only have created stuff for SW and 2E and a personal in progress corerpg based system all of which have legal pdfs for.

Ok that's weird one is a legit pdf for a core book. The other is a freely available pdf from GM binder. At least the ones I am testing anyway.

I'd be more inclined to think it's the other way. People protecting their material so it can't be bulk copied into another format. But if it's a freely available pdf it'd work. Unless they just did a poor job.

What @damned is saying is that there is no official/legal PDF of the D&D 5e Wizards of the Coast Monster Manual - i.e. this product: https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tab...monster-manual

None of the D&D 5e core books (PHB, DMG or MM) are legally available in PDF. The only legal electronic copies are Fantasy Grounds, D&D Beyond or roll20 - none of which are in PDF, the data is in each platform's propriety format. If you paid for a "legit" copy of a core book, then I'd guess you've been had - unless there's some place I'm not aware of, in which case please provide a link!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What @damned is saying is that there is no official/legal PDF of the D&D 5e Wizards of the Coast Monster Manual - i.e. this product: https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tab...monster-manual

None of the D&D 5e core books (PHB, DMG or MM) are legally available in PDF. The only legal electronic copies are Fantasy Grounds, D&D Beyond or roll20 - none of which are in PDF, the data is in each platform's propriety format. If you paid for a "legit" copy of a core book, then I'd guess you've been had - unless there's some place I'm not aware of, in which case please provide a link!
    The only thing I have to say are curse words . I didn't even know there weren't PDF's. I suspect I have indeed been had.
    Thankfully is was only about $20.
    I got it several years ago when I first started playing 5e after moving from Pathfinder and just assumed like Paizo PDF's where the norm.

Well that at least explains why the 'Official' PDF isn't working!

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    Well that at least explains why the 'Official' PDF isn't working!
    Indeed it does! Well, at least maybe explains why the copy/paste isn't that reliable.

Sorry you were had. Happens to us all unfortunately. :/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hiya

The behaviour you describe in NPC Engineer is usually caused by non-standard language or punctuation in the source statblock.
    A lot of the sections don't have obvious breakpoints and so I had to search for text patterns to grab data.

3rd party stuff made me grind my teeth sometimes.

I don't know if the Discord channel is still alive; if it is, some people on there were very good at spotting these issues.

I hope this helps!

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

It seems that this produces modules that are not recognized by FGU. I created a NPC mod in the program and the mod was created successfully (it's in the MODULES directory) but will not come up in the library of FGU to load. I tried opening the MOD in FGC and it works fine. I re-exported a module from the module in FGC. It was also not readable in FGU. Now the big question: Is there a way to EASILY export the data (NPC's) from this newly created MOD into FGU to recreate the MOD in FGU or possibly a parameter in the MOD files to make FGU happy with it?
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weepdrag View Post
    It seems that this produces modules that are not recognized by FGU. I created a NPC mod in the program and the mod was created successfully (it's in the MODULES directory) but will not come up in the library of FGU to load. I tried opening the MOD in FGC and it works fine. I re-exported a module from the module in FGC. It was also not readable in FGU. Now the big question: Is there a way to EASILY export the data (NPC's) from this newly created MOD into FGU to recreate the MOD in FGU or possibly a parameter in the MOD files to make FGU happy with it?
    unzip and rezip the module. I believe ES uses a zip protocol FGU doesn't recognize.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, I tried that first with no effect then I changed the "root version" from 3.3 to 4.0 in both XML files and it did the trick.
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Thread Information