FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 30 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinesdragon View Post
    When I try to add a title to a listitem in notes it will only let me type a single character before jumping to the chat and typing the rest. All extensions are disabled.
    This is apparently an issue with 3.3.7. See House of Healing threads. I imagine a hot fix will be coming shortly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This is apparently an issue with 3.3.7. See House of Healing threads. I imagine a hot fix will be coming shortly.
    Okay. Thank you.

Just pushed a hot fix. Please update, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just pushed a hot fix. Please update, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG
    Awesome! That fixed it. Thank you.

Runnig v3.3.7

I'm seeing some strange behavior with the "Brutal Critical" ability when using multiple damage types. Specifically, the 2nd damage type rolls twice. The Third Does Not.

1) I have a weapon with 1d6 piercing and 1d8 cold.
    2) Click on the Magnifying glass on the Weapons Header and set the Extra Crit Dice for Melee to "1".
    3) Roll a 20 (Thanks Manual Entry!).
    3) Damage is expressed as 1d6+1d8+1g6+1g8+1g8 (I assume 1g8 is the code for crit damage?)

https://imgur.com/Nf6WLe9

If you add a third type (1d4 to keep it clear), the third damage type is correct.
    The Damage is expressed as 1d6+1d8+1d4 + 1g5 +1g8 + 1g8 + 1g4 + 1g4

https://imgur.com/a/UD6SeZT
    Last edited by stewartl42; December 30th, 2018 at 22:04.

Not sure what you mean.

I create a sword with 1d6 piercing and 1d8 cold damage. Forgetting Savage Attacks (which is what I think you are referring to) then if I crit I get 2d6+2d8 which is correct. If I then add 1 dice into the meta data I get 2d6+2d8+1d8 on a critical hit, which is correct.

If I add a third damage type of 1d4 fire then without Savage Attacks I get 2d6+2d8+2d4 on a critical which is correct. With Savage Attacks I get an extra 1d8 which is also correct.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 30th, 2018 at 22:09.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Not sure what you mean.

I create a sword with 1d6 piercing and 1d8 cold damage. Forgetting Savage Attacks (which is what I think you are referring to) then if I crit I get 2d6+2d8 which is correct. If I then add 1 dice into the meta data I get 2d6+2d8+1d8 on a critical hit, which is correct.

If I add a third damage type of 1d4 fire then without Savage Attacks I get 2d6+2d8+2d4 on a critical which is correct. With Savage Attacks I get an extra 1d8 which is also correct.
    Hi, Zacchaeus. I am the player in question trying to do this. We are referring to the Brutal Critical ability of Barbarian (level 9) which adds 1 die of weapon damage on a critical hit. I made an attack for a spear with 1d6 piercing damage and 1d8 cold damage. When I crit, it SHOULD roll 3d6+2d8. However, it is rolling 2d6+3d8... it seems to be picking the larger of the two dice to roll for extra damage.

Yes, I think that is right. The ability allows you to roll one extra dice of the weapons damage. I’d suggest that 100% of the time you would roll the bigger of the two dice.

EDIT: I suppose you could argue that you have a choice of which dice to apply. For example if you did 1d6 cold and 1d8 fire and your target resists fire you might not want extra fire damage. But I can’t find anything which says that you have to apply one or the other so the way FG handles it seems fair enough to me.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; December 30th, 2018 at 22:56.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, I think that is right. The ability allows you to roll one extra dice of the weapons damage. I’d suggest that 100% of the time you would roll the bigger of the two dice.
    Oh. I guess we were just interpreting "Weapon damage" as the weapon itself ... bad habit left over from previous versions. Thanks for the clarification.

Unless the 1d8 cold is coming from some other source then your weapon damage is 1d6 piercing plus 1d8 cold. So it is the weapon itself. If the cold damage is coming from a spell effect for example then that should not be included in the weapon damage but rather as an effect.

Thread Information