Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

FantasyGrounds_x64.exe?

Is that -actually- a 64 bit version? Can it allocate more than 4gig?

Or should I ignore it and return to my sad I have 64Gig of ram but can use only 4 hole?

Yes, it uses 64 bit address space. However, it has some kind of very fatal bug if you mask images that basically makes it unusable if that feature is vital to your games. Other than that, I haven't heard any problems with it, but there really hasn't been that much testing on it.

It is experimental, back up often if you use it....

Blog Entries
    Also be aware that it is unsupported. Moon has made it available, but has not, and does not, have time to support it.

So, it's completely use at your own risk, and you can report your findings with it in the FGU thread (?), but don't expect fixes for any in the near future.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Aw man!

Don't report findings/issues with the x64 version in the FGU thread. I'd recommend reporting any specific issues with the x64 version in the House of Healing as normal.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The status is as Bidmaron and LordEntrails mentioned above. I’m tracking the issues, but no development resources are assigned at this point.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Don't report findings/issues with the x64 version in the FGU thread. I'd recommend reporting any specific issues with the x64 version in the House of Healing as normal.
    Thanks for clarifying, I couldn't remember.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    I find issue in 64 bit version.
    When i switch through Alt+Tab. to another aplication for example pc translator, total commander, media player, etc... and back to opened FG it has problems with set of mouse cursor icons which it change to white default arrow or double sided arrow (used for windows resizing). And not to FG icons hand icon, special FG arrow or FG arrow for resizing window. 32bit doesn't have this issues.

I too have been experiencing the masking UI freeze. Funny thing is, while I was testing repeat-ability of the crash, and trying to determine the nature of it, I had one player confirm that although the area I attempted to unmask didn't unmask, any other interactions I attempted while my client appeared to be frozen still animated on his end. So I could drag pogs around, I could type in the chatbox, none of that updated on my screen, but it still occurred on the player side. This suggests it may be a display driver conflict. This fault also occurs when attempting to draw on a map or image and when placing arrows. It does not matter if I have anyone else connected, what modules I have loaded, or the source of the map/image (Custom or module).
    I have also been experiencing the cursor error MarianDz reported above.
    I really hope some dev time gets directed to the 64 bit version. Why have it if you don't support it? Using the 32 bit version I either have to limit the rules my players have access to, or I have to manually rotate my maps in and out of the folder to keep memory usage under the 4gb limit.

I am running Windows 10 pro x64 on a Ryzen 1700 in a B370F chipset board, with 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1060 3GB driver version 398.82
    Last edited by rbtmatrix; August 27th, 2018 at 00:31.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rbtmatrix View Post
    ...I really hope some dev time gets directed to the 64 bit version. Why have it if you don't support it? ...
    It has been clearly stated by the devs that their are no plans to direct any resources to x64 until after FGU is ready.
    It has also been clearly stated that the x64 version has been made available as a courtesy to users who wish to do some pre-beta testing to help identify issues for the devs prior to resources being directed towards it.
    Also, it has been clearly been stated that if the availability of the x64 version becomes a problem, it will be removed.

To summarize, I think most of us would love a x64 version. SmiteWorks has made it clear that FGU is a higher priority than x64. The current x64 version is unsupported and is not intended to be used for actual game play.

EDIT: Oh, and the types of details you provided are great and exactly what I suspect the devs will want to have when they do assign resources to x64.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; August 27th, 2018 at 00:48.

Thread Information