FG Spreadshirt Swag

Curse of Strahd Monster Loot Mod

Hey all,
    Has anyone used the Monster Loot mod for CoS? It seems pretty cool; they have rules for "harvesting" parts of dead enemies and combining them to craft different items. Seeing as how my group skinned two dire wolves in our last game, I think my party might like this kind of thing.
    I'm curious if the effects of the harvested "loot" is pretty balanced or not, or if you have any other comments about the mod. Here is the link if you'd like to check it out:
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/305...antasy-Grounds

Blog Entries
    Not sure if used that one or not. But I have dabbled in such. And it's very easy to either bog down the campaign with harvesting and crafting, or to unbalance things.

BUT, I still suggest you try it if your players like it. Two suggestions, stick to consumables, and give things expiration dates. That way if thongs get out of hand, a few weeks later you'll be back to normal.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Good advice! Thanks!
    My players are level 5 and one or two of them are complaining about the lack of magical loot that they have found so far (following CoS as written). I thought this might be a nice Barovia-themed way to introduce some minor magic (also, as you said, consumable) items since it doesn't make sense that usual magic items are floating around Strahd's domain.
    Last edited by mclimbin; November 1st, 2021 at 20:09.

Thread Information