5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Converting FG Module to different Ruleset

Hi all,

The main question: Is there a way to activate or convert a FG module from 5e to PFRPG, (or others), ruleset?

Background & Fluff: My group has been using PFRPG for years & don't want to switch over to 5e. We are moving to FG this week, due to me relocating out of State. I historically "Kit Bash" modules and systems in a now 6 year campaign. Sections of "Yawning Portal (YP)" fit perfectly for the section my players are in. Sitting around a table, this would not be an issue since I could adjust combat on the fly. FG is forcing me to change much of the way I GM in that regard. It requires more work on my part, but I feel that it will produce a better result in the end. I've learned how to do the Copy/Paste bit from a PDF. I have the hard & FG, (purchased before I ran into this issue), copy of YP & would prefer not to buy it a 3rd time in PDF in order to implement it.

Thanks

Ithix

Heya welcome to the forums

Try this

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Blog Entries
    Also, you are in luck that WotC does not sell PDFs so even if are tempted you will be fine.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thanks Erin, this just put me "Light Hours" ahead. The .ext works great.

Good to know JohnD. DMing since 79? I still have my Blue Book & B1 from 77.

I still have my wooden box set from 74
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Blog Entries
    Just make sure you understand this extension (which is awesome) won't do any converting of NPCs etc. So expect to have to redo the NPC and items etc. Maps and story entries should all be there and good though.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I read that the conversion isn't perfect, which works for me since my Campaign will have more Eldrich creatures. The maps didn't convert as well as I had hoped, but everything else came through fine.

Erin, I bow to your awesomeness.

Don't thank me, thank Damned (i think) he created the extension

Quote Originally Posted by ithix View Post
    The maps didn't convert as well as I had hoped...
    The maps aren’t "converted" by the universal module extension. You’ll essentially get access to the maps the same as the they would be in the 5E ruleset.

Note: maps labeled as player maps will usually be better detail than the GM reference map, which are usually used as an overview with pushpin links to access the relevant location details.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I turned off my Enhanced Images extension & almost everything appear to be working. The Maps are fine, the Pins link, I do have to fix some of the Tokens & creature stats. The discovery of turning off the Extension was an accident. I was having issues with adding a Mask to the maps which eventually got me to turn the extension off. When I went back in to give the Mask a try, I found everything looking and working fine. I've checked it with both TotYP & ToA. I don't know how it will work once my players join, Steam isn't letting me launch a second version of the game to test.

Thread Information