5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Shopping on steam for Fantasy Ground DLC is a pain in the butt

Am I the only one who finds shopping on steam a tedious process. I would definitely buy more add-ons if it were even slightly easier to shop for them. Everything is on one long list with no rhyme or reason. How great would it be to be able to shop by category or character level. A tool to look for a 5e adventure for character levels 6-8 or map packs... Has anyone else had this thought?

Personally I buy all my stuff here, stops steam getting a cut and is easier to search for stuff
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Welcome to the forums Thedogfood!

Unfortunately, Steam is designed for computer games with a handful of DLC items. It is not really designed to cope with the number and details of DLC that Fantasy Grounds and pen-n-paper RPGs have.

A couple of people have mentioned better filtering on Steam. Will it happen? Realistically - probably not. It's all in Steams' hands...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    What you can do is search the store here using the better filtering tools. Then when you find the item your interested, go to Steam and search their for the specific item name.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Just buy here. Smiteworks gets more of your purchase dollars and can better carry on working to better FG.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Just buy here. Smiteworks gets more of your purchase dollars and can better carry on working to better FG.
    And might I say the magic word... unity
    VR Gaming on I9 9900K RTX 3090 ( 4k on the go on I7 6700HQ 965M )
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate in HD
    member_gqwebb

Western Tennessee, near the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    For those of us who are "tech challenged", once purchased here, how is it added to a STEAM Purchased account?

Blog Entries
    Where you buy the client doesn't matter. In fact, you can mix and match buying DLC from both the FG Store and Steam with the notable exception of Bundles. The two stores do not talk to each other (which answers your immediate question above) so if you think you may want one of the Bundles one day, all DLC within that Bundle needs to be purchased from the same store.

I initially bought my FG client from Steam, for example, but then I learned more how things work, how small a company SmiteWorks is and how awesome all the employees are to speak with, etc. so I now buy all my DLC from the FG Store so the guys get all the money rather than Valve taking their 30% cut off the top.

Note the DLC is NOT communicated between the stores, only the main licenses are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Note the DLC is NOT communicated between the stores, only the main licenses are.
    True, but send an email to support and sweet-talk Doug a bit (or a lot) and he might be able help with that.

Now Doug is really going to hate me!
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information