GI JOE RPG Launch
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Can players whisper each other?

I haven't yet found out how, yet this seems so basic; I'm sure I am simply overlooking it. Thanks in advance

nope the whisper command only works for talking to the DM.

Though there is a way of sending messages to other players I heard about, but never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTomar
    nope the whisper command only works for talking to the DM.

Though there is a way of sending messages to other players I heard about, but never tried it.
    Really? Because I was a player and whispered to another player. If you just do /w message that goes to the DM, but if you do /w <character name> message it goes to that character.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    Really? Because I was a player and whispered to another player. If you just do /w message that goes to the DM, but if you do /w <character name> message it goes to that character.
    We tried this the other night and it did not work. Do you actually need the <>?

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    We tried this the other night and it did not work. Do you actually need the <>?
    no you didn't need the <>

maybe the player I was messaging didn't get the message, but it appeared the exact same fuscia text a whisper has. I'll have to test this out.

Testing...

Results...

I'm a dope I was sending whispers to the DM with the player's name at the front. Hahaha. So yeah it looks like whispering among players is forbidden. Would be really nice if this feature was included.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher
    no you didn't need the <>

maybe the player I was messaging didn't get the message, but it appeared the exact same fuscia text a whisper has. I'll have to test this out.

Testing...

Results...

I'm a dope I was sending whispers to the DM with the player's name at the front. Hahaha. So yeah it looks like whispering among players is forbidden. Would be really nice if this feature was included.
    Dont tell the DMs for my group... but if I need to send a PM to someone other then the DM, I just use ICQ/MSN.

It would be a nice feature. I believe it may show up in 1.06? The party in my game got split up last time and we could have used it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTomar
    Dont tell the DMs for my group... but if I need to send a PM to someone other then the DM, I just use ICQ/MSN.
    Funny thing, I'm the DM and that's what I told my split party to do with Yahoo, but some are in 1024x768 and can't see a second app. I'm afraid to tell them to go to a higher resolution for fear of messing up their monitors.

Does alt-tab not work with FG?
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

It does, but Alt tab is no help if you don't already have another app running. It wasn't that big a deal. The guy with that problem quit out of FG then switched channels on teamspeak then went back into FG.

I believe that an app like FG one of which purposes is to allow players and game masters to communicate - should allow whispers to and from everyone. My 2 cents.

Thread Information