Starfinder Playlist

New Character Creation 'Packets'

Hopefully this makes sense...

I'm looking at bringing FG into our local Gamestore for 5E AL. Is there such a thing (like on DM's Guild) where if a new player says, 'I'd like to create a Rogue' I can give them a packet which explains the process and what they should focus on etc? I'd rather not photocopy sections of the PHB but give them something that slims down the process so they don't have to spend a lot of time creating their first character.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

I am not a 5e guy, but I don't think there is such a thing. Just a couple of days ago, however, they talked about pregenerated characters, which I think would be a good alternative to making one from the ground up. If memory serves, there is a module in the 5e thread that has a bunch of pregens.

Blog Entries
    Their are threads on other forums that I've seen. I don't remember if it was https://www.giantitp.com/forums/ (probably) or https://www.enworld.com though. And they were named something a little strange (not a "guide") if I remember right. But the ones I've seen are pretty good. They color code things like class choices and spell selection and gives reasons why.

For example how good is the hill dwarf vs the mountain dwarf for a specific class, or the best spells for a diven arcane tradition, etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think this is what pre-gens are for. If you have new players and limited time (such as an AL game), then encourage them to try to play a character that is already built.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information