GI JOE RPG Launch

Strange GUI behavior

Last I used FG (3 months ago) it worked fine, now I experiencing some strange GUI behavior. When i close windows inside the app the red X sign turns red and then nothing happens no GUI response like it froze. but then I right-click somewhere else and it renders the app without the window I closed. I experience this in maps as well, I can uncover a mask and it seems like it's doing nothing then i right click and it renders the map uncovered. It begins with me pressing the start button in the launcher, I get no feedback from the press-down. The button doesn't move. The it like the app is in a frozen state then the game suddenly pops up loaded after 10 sec.

I've reinstalled the program and even changed my app and data folder. Loaded the old campaign and tried on a new one. Same strange behavior.

Running on a 64 bit Windows 8 Enterprise OS and a Intel Core i7-3820 with 16GB RAM and a NIVIDA GeForce GTX 670.

Welcome to the forums.

Try this: start FG and click the "Settings" button. Enable or Disable the "Cross Platform compatibility..." option and see if that makes any difference,
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

Try this: start FG and click the "Settings" button. Enable or Disable the "Cross Platform compatibility..." option and see if that makes any difference,
    Well that.....just worked.... I would not have figured that one out myself. Setting the program cross-platform compatible for Linux and Mac seems to have fixed my Windows installation.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jourhighness View Post
    Well that.....just worked.... I would not have figured that one out myself. Setting the program cross-platform compatible for Linux and Mac seems to have fixed my Windows installation.
    That indicates there is an incompatibility with your graphics driver. Checking that box forces the screen to redraw more often, which causes your computer to do more work. But at least it works until you get your driver settings working properly with FG.

Thread Information