FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Adventures a Week

Thinking of subscribing to these for access to review ahead of buying for FG.

Once I decide on ones I want, if I get PDFs there (2 per month) no brainer and easy. But if I order an FG mod there for an AAW game ... does that link to my FG account or do I only get updates directly from downloading by hand on their subscriber site? It would pretty much make it too hard for me to remember to keep up with it if I need to check there for updates but I can see how FG might do it that way since only know of Steam/Paizo linkages

Let me know if anyone ever used the AAW service.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure their is no link between AAW and the FG Store/update system. You will have to take the email or whatever you get from AAW and then download the file and place it in your FG Modules folder.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That’s pretty much what I expected. Which makes getting FG modules there not worth it for me. I’m not going to poll them for updates. It’s fine though, I don’t need THAT many from them, was just thinking with Sub I might have tried more than the 2 or 3 I think I wanted.

Thanks for quick reply!

There isn't a link between AAW Games and Fantasy Grounds.

The subscription includes 2 downloads a month - they can be a PDF or a FG module. So you can get access to the adventures in web format while your subscription is active and get two FG modules a month. It's a pretty good deal.

You can usually find a 1 month free code on their website too - so give it a go for a month!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, it sounded really good until realized that I constantly see many of my 5e, SW and occasionally my C&C mods updating weekly.

I figure, with my adhd, I don’t want to have to remember to periodically see if they updated it (and that’s being generous assuming if FG team does an update that they keep it in sync as fast.)

So would only use for PDFs which is less of a thrill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Yeah, it sounded really good until realized that I constantly see many of my 5e, SW and occasionally my C&C mods updating weekly.

I figure, with my adhd, I don’t want to have to remember to periodically see if they updated it (and that’s being generous assuming if FG team does an update that they keep it in sync as fast.)

So would only use for PDFs which is less of a thrill
    Hey... C&C mods being updated is a good thing!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yup Trenloe, he sent me a code. I asked the “updating” question, He said they were written long ago and haven’t needed updates in a long while. I bought the 4 BASIC pdfs from them on sale (I had already bought Basic1 from DTRPG but since was cheap, nice to dl from one place and I like to buy direct from producer of content to cut on their having to share profits as much (hence why am buy from FG vs Steam)

Thing is, dunno - does SW update these when FG updates happen and update users auto or do they get AAW to make the change as well or for them? I hate to think if v 3.4 of FG made something needed to be changed and the SW devs ran through the entire lib adding couple lines to xml for example, that I’d neee to wait on AAW to do or get from SW. If SW got FROM AAW then it would be less risk as in the same update boat either wait.

Yeah, I’m terrible at overthinking stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Hey... C&C mods being updated is a good thing!
    TOTALLY, was very excited (and bought C.K. + Kalas in my excitement on Sunday!)

Was concerned that those AAW bought here on SW would get updates but those bought from AAW wouldn’t see updates. Don’t know the practical history of this to judge.

AAW Games develop their FG modules, not SmiteWorks. Any updates would come from AAW Games.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

What about the many AAW modules sold on the SW store? I just bought my first ones and I assumed they would update like the other store modules.

Thread Information