FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 23 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Great Extension still using it almost everyday.
    There is a bug/issue that I've had most of the time, it seems to arise with the DOE plugin.

When I open NPCS it is empty and a error pop-ups if I close the error and search in the npcs it clear, reset and work normally.
    Error.png

Blog Entries
    Thanks DGM. I’ll take a look. The information you’ve provided should be more than enough for me to get a start on this. If I need more I’ll ask. And I’m glad you find FFAL helpful.

Any chance you can normalize the words before putting them in the list?

Sometimes a word will be capitalized or all lowercase or first letter capitalized and its the same word which shows up in the list multiple times.

you could use LUA's functions to turn all letters to lowercase then compare and then capitalize the first letter when you put it in the list.

Edit: Also there is a new version of FG in TEST that may be causing problems if you overwrite the StringManager script.
    Last edited by lokiare; November 29th, 2018 at 14:57. Reason: Added edit.

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    Any chance you can normalize the words before putting them in the list?
    lokiare, I'm flattered that an FG developer finds my work worthy of personal use. Thank you, truly, thank you.

I purposely did not normalize. This whole project came about while I was working on my Mystic Class Implementor Extension. While migrating the Psionics over to Spells I was filling in Range, Duration, Level, that sort of thing. I wanted to be consistent, with my entries as well as, matching those of Smiteworks. Not normalizing everything was a quick and easy way for me to use the drop down and recognize differences then remedy them in my extension.

It is my opinion, that inconsistencies in punctuation and capitalization are actually errors and should be remedied in the books afflicted, not in my FFAL extension.

As an example, open up a few books that have NPCs in them and take a look at Alignment. Their inconsistent treatment borders on criminal.

That tirade complete, I will take a look at adding an option to FFAL. To be honest, unnormalized drop down items aggravates me too at times. I plan to revisit FFAL in the near future, I believe I may have some bugs. And thanks for the heads up in the following:
    Also there is a new version of FG in TEST that may be causing problems if you overwrite the StringManager script.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    lokiare, I'm flattered that an FG developer finds my work worthy of personal use. Thank you, truly, thank you.

I purposely did not normalize. This whole project came about while I was working on my Mystic Class Implementor Extension. While migrating the Psionics over to Spells I was filling in Range, Duration, Level, that sort of thing. I wanted to be consistent, with my entries as well as, matching those of Smiteworks. Not normalizing everything was a quick and easy way for me to use the drop down and recognize differences then remedy them in my extension.

It is my opinion, that inconsistencies in punctuation and capitalization are actually errors and should be remedied in the books afflicted, not in my FFAL extension.

As an example, open up a few books that have NPCs in them and take a look at Alignment. Their inconsistent treatment borders on criminal.

That tirade complete, I will take a look at adding an option to FFAL. To be honest, unnormalized drop down items aggravates me too at times. I plan to revisit FFAL in the near future, I believe I may have some bugs. And thanks for the heads up in the following:
    Thanks for taking a look. The reason we don't update all products is that instead of updating over 1000 individual product modules, we like to keep a focus on FGU and other future developments. Though when we go in and update some of the more popular content we can fix those. Of course that doesn't alleviate the problems on either side completely. Thanks for creating a nice, very useful extension.

When this extension is enabled, the PC window (character window) turns into a masterlist window and doesn't allow the normal character manipulation. This is while running 3.3.7 in TEST.

Blog Entries
    When this extension is enabled, the PC window (character window) turns into a masterlist window and doesn't allow the normal character manipulation. This is while running 3.3.7 in TEST.
    I don’t even understand how this could happen, I believe you, but can’t fathom it. I purposely avoided handling the PC library. It must be my avoidance behavior

I am just finishing up my Druid Wild Shapes Extension then I’ll get right on this. Thanks lokiare1

[EDIT] I have found some other issues too so it’s important I get to this.

Druid Wild Shapes Extension
    For what system. Do tell...
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Minty,

I had to reorganize some of the scripts to support the ability to drag sidebar buttons as links. You are probably overriding one of the main scripts (LibraryData, DesktopManager, etc.), which you probably should avoid if you can.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Minty,

I had to reorganize some of the scripts to support the ability to drag sidebar buttons as links. You are probably overriding one of the main scripts (LibraryData, DesktopManager, etc.), which you probably should avoid if you can.

JPG
    Thanks Moon Wizard. I try to never, ever wholesale override anything, but I do recognize both those managers. And I also seem to recall high dependence on tables in those managers. If they've been reorganized (i.e. some of the data is not in the same place), I'm positive I'll have problems. Thanks for the heads up.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Thread Information