DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 101 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Using this extension, what effect do I add to an attack or weapon to grant an additional 1d8 damage on a critical. I could have sworn to have done this before in 5e. All of the versions of effects I have been adding, such as DMG: 1d8 bludgeoning, critical, and DMG: 1d8 critical just do not work.

Am I insane or had this actually worked at one point in the properties window, and for gods sake why is this so hard to have built into the rules as an item effect when it's something magic items do in game?

DMG: 1d8, critical does work normally as you can see from the graphic. Don't know if it works with the extension or not although I don't see why it shouldn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just tested Zaccs options and it works.

Here is what I had set.

Last edited by celestian; January 23rd, 2019 at 17:08.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I had a space between the comma and the critical, lets see if that was the issue.

That looks to have been the problem, thank you.

Attempted to use this mod to add effect to a weapon/character (Sword of Kas) that gives them a +1d10 to their initiative at the beginning of every combat. I currently have it working as a power in the CS, but I forget to add it often and so does the PC. If I copy that same format into the advanced effects area it doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried in the "description/coditions/modifiers" to write INIT: 1d10 or INIT AE: 1d10.

Also something that would be helpful would be a list of most used effects as sometimes with Fantasy Grounds you don't really know something can be automated until you've seen it done. For now I'll continue to just add a power and hope I can remembe

Quote Originally Posted by mostcallmetim View Post
    Attempted to use this mod to add effect to a weapon/character (Sword of Kas) that gives them a +1d10 to their initiative at the beginning of every combat. I currently have it working as a power in the CS, but I forget to add it often and so does the PC. If I copy that same format into the advanced effects area it doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried in the "description/coditions/modifiers" to write INIT: 1d10 or INIT AE: 1d10.

Also something that would be helpful would be a list of most used effects as sometimes with Fantasy Grounds you don't really know something can be automated until you've seen it done. For now I'll continue to just add a power and hope I can remembe
    You don't roll initiative "with" a weapon. You attack or damage with it. Because of that the way you're trying to use it won't work.

If you set the effect on the weapon and do not select "action only" it will work with the caveat that it works all the time with any initiative roll (assuming the pc is in the combat tracker and the weapon is equipped).
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by mostcallmetim View Post

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Videos-for-5E
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You don't roll initiative "with" a weapon. You attack or damage with it. Because of that the way you're trying to use it won't work.

If you set the effect on the weapon and do not select "action only" it will work with the caveat that it works all the time with any initiative roll (assuming the pc is in the combat tracker and the weapon is equipped).
    Ah, thanks for that explaination, much appreciated.

Zacchaeus always helping those in need, Thank You.

Thread Information