FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    IT WORKED!!! So awesome. Thank you so much. (I added commas though before each "and" to mirror the base game entries)
    one-does-not-simply-see-this-and-not-get-excited.jpg

So here's a follow-up to my previous questions

STEPS TAKEN:
    I drag/copied a standard human to create new cultures (races) for my homebrew game
    I exported from the tester campaign into my live campaign.
    We found the races/cultures would auto-increase ability scores based on the standard human I copied the first one from.
    I learned from this board how to change this. I did so. I removed the +1 to all Ability Scores from my side.
    Players are seeing BOTH my modification, and the original +1.

ISSUE: Both are being applied to their characters. Meanwhile I only see on my side the new/changes I made - I no longer see the +1.

QUESTION: How do I remove something I cannot see from my GM side??? It is bizarre they see something different than my GM side does.

STEPS TAKEN TO RESOLVE:
    I have already unloaded and reloaded the modules.
    I have publicly shared each culture/race so players can see these.

I'm not exactly sure what the question is.

Your first step was to make a copy of the human race. You then edited that to make another race. I assume at the edit stage you also edited the ability score increase wording? If you did then I don't understand why your players would see the human increases.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for responding.

To clarify (this is my first time on the GM side of FG for 5E).

I first made the copy (of human) and edited the text.
    I did not know at that time that adding a Race to a character sheet auto-adjusted ability scores. Thus I did not edit that aspect of the copied (multiple copies) of Race/Culture entries.
    After exporting and and porting into the live campaign, and after players began making characters it was then discovered that their ability scores all adjusted per human traits.

I then edited the copied/modified races and changed the ability score adjustment field to reflect the correct ability score changes for that campaign in the live campaign.

We exited, I unloaded and reloaded the modules. The players tried making the characters again and found it now did BOTH the original human adjustments and the now modified adjustments I changed it to.

When I now go into the window for the race (elves) it has ONLY my newer edits.
    When a player looks at the same window, it has two links that say "Ability Score Adjustments" - one for each

So my question is - how do I fix this? I cannot even see what they see - so I cannot edit it.

You will need to go back into the campaign you originally edited the races in and edit the races there. Then export into the same module you originally exported to. I think what you have done is edited the race in the opened module in a different campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you. that was what I was thinking I would need to do.

So just to be sure - by re-exporting and re-importing to the live campaign - I will not be erasing the characters they have made...? Correct??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostrazor1334 View Post
    Thank you. that was what I was thinking I would need to do.

So just to be sure - by re-exporting and re-importing to the live campaign - I will not be erasing the characters they have made...? Correct??
    Correct. The characters will not be updated to the updates in the module. Because in this sense the character sheets are static, they may have links to descriptive things like ability descriptions, but abilities, stats, actions and all of that are copied to the character sheet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you.

So after I re-export/import from the build campaign to the live one, do the players have to go back and drag the races and other edited data back on to their PC sheet? or will the links on their sheet open up the newly modified entries?

For instance:

I took the 5e PHB human, copied the data to make a new one.
    ported the module into a new campaign. Players joined, made characters using that data
    I then go and make changes to some of the races used in their characters.
    Re export/import same races, but with update info (macros) for ability score increases

So when players sign in, will their character sheet link to new/updated info that i just imported? Or will they need to overwrite that info on their character sheets?

The links should remain provided you don't change anything like the module, race name. And the traits are all the same name as well.

Thank you for all your assistance. :-)

Thread Information