FG Spreadshirt Swag

editable calanders

Not sure if this is the right place for suggestions, if not point me to it and I will repost.
    Would like to make a customish calander but there is no easy way to do so. I have read posts on how to edit existing calanders but I am a total noob at that sort of thing.
    How complex would making an editable calanders be? Like I said I am not too knowledgeable in programing so something that seems easy may be painfully tricky to do and not worth the time.

Blog Entries
    Editable through the user interface? Because as you noted the calendars are already editable in xml.

Well, I'm not a dev, but editing a calendar through a UI could be very tricky. First you would need to adjust/create a UI for editing mode. Then you get into the problem that their is no standard format for fantasy calendars. For instance:
    - Some have a standard/regular week, but some have special weeks that are not the same length as others (i.e. a standard 10 day week, except for this week of 3 days and that week of 5 days and...)
    - Some have months of a set number of days, or weeks, but others (like our Gregorian calendar) have different months of different lengths. And years, are they always the same length (in days, weeks or months?)? Or are they different lengths? Is it as simple as leap days/weeks/months on a regular basis, or do some days/hours/minutes get added or removed on irregular basis?
    - A lot of fantasy calendars have non-week, non-month days. i.e. days that fall outside of regular weeks or months. Usually for holidays, but these can be a single day or several. And some years may have them while others do not.
    -... Get the idea?

In order to make it editable inside a UI, you would have to make assumptions. And given the creativity of roleplayers, whatever assumptions you make are going to be wrong or incompatible for someone.

That said, there are some people on the forums here who would be happy help you make a custom calendar. If you give post all of the details of what you want your calendar to look like (name, days of the week, length of weeks, months, month lengths, etc), I'm pretty confident one of them will jump in.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drath3n View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for suggestions, if not point me to it and I will repost.
    Would like to make a customish calander but there is no easy way to do so. I have read posts on how to edit existing calanders but I am a total noob at that sort of thing.
    How complex would making an editable calanders be? Like I said I am not too knowledgeable in programing so something that seems easy may be painfully tricky to do and not worth the time.
    Making things like a calendar editable in game would be quite complex...

As I feared I'll give it a crack on my own. Just renaming the Greyhawk calander is all. Just get anxious about messing up and causing problems I don't know how to fix.

Drarth3n, I have been working on an ELI5 for modifying a FG calendar, I have just a few points left to write and then I'll put it up. Written by someone who learned it the hard way and has no coding skills so hpoefully useful

I made a Gregorian Calendar only, and soon I will insert the holydays of my country.

Thread Information