FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 21 of 49 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Looks like this ruleset is not supported anymore? I'd like to try this out with Judge Dredd as it uses WOIN.

It's sold at full price in the store. I know about the 30-day money back guarantee, but I'm afraid to buy it if there aren't even bug fixes or assurances it will work with future versions of FG.

Yeah I'm seriously thinking about contacting the author/creator of WOIN to let him know what's going on.

Selling a "beta ruleset" at full price without letting people know its current state and lack of support does nothing good for FG or WOIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Stx11 View Post
    Selling a "beta ruleset" at full price without letting people know its current state and lack of support does nothing good for FG or WOIN.
    Agreed.

On the other hand, I really want to play Judge Dredd and the only way I can play is via FG, so I'd be OK with just functional ruleset. 30 days should be enough to test it out thoroughly, but there's always the risk that something gamebreaking will happen in the future, and if the author is unresponsive or MIA, that does not reflect well on FG or WOIN.

Oh I do too and my comment wasn't a criticism of your request.

N.E.W. was never fully-implemented let alone N.O.W. and O.L.D. and it's a real shame. I think there have been 3-4 sales where I passed up on purchasing it simply because it appears to be a "dead beta" at this point. It's too expensive for "abandon-ware" no matter how much I love WOIN or FG

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Haha yes, it's far too hot here for me, around 30c at the moment (I like the freezing cold). Built myself a new monster PC last weekend, so sitting here re-installing everything, not a fan of Windows but need it for my games and stuff.

Working for the UK Government at the moment which kills my brain off around 5pm each day! Back in the chair though as they say, finishing up Traveller 1.0.7. and a CoC book then back onto WOiN. Looking forward to finishing up O.L.D.

Cheers,
    MBM
    MBM, some people are inquiring as to the status of the sets. Quoting you to make sure you see it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    MBM, some people are inquiring as to the status of the sets. Quoting you to make sure you see it.
    The FG forums don't have notifications, except for PMs

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I have no additional info - I suspect that this ruleset may have had disappointing sales and the dev is prioritisng their time elsewhere.
    Of course that is a catch 22 - no time spent will keep sales low, however if sales are significantly lower than the dev might have expected the writing might be clear to them...
    This is (afaik) what happened with mutants & masterminds...

An update by the Dev or SmiteWorks could help clarify the situation.

Blog Entries
    And as a follow up - if that is the case then Im sure SmiteWorks would be interested in talking to another Dev if they were considering taking it on.
    Especially if they think they could turn that around - assuming that anything I wrote above was close to the mark.

I have an update to WOIN for O.L.D, though O.L.D. was never updated to 1.2 which the ruleset is based upon. I've recently asked again for this and for N.O.W. but nothing has yet appeared. I'll chase again.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Would it be possible to get some patches for the current stuff to fix some the issues or will the OLD patch all of the WOINs current issues?
    Last edited by GrimmStories; February 9th, 2019 at 05:16.

Thread Information