DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Questions

Questions

I plan to use FG in an upcoming campaign that will not be online. I want to use the map feature to project the map onto the gaming table with a projector to save time drawing the maps during the game. Is there a way to make the map larger or to have it use the full screen?

I also plan to use the combat tracker while running the game but I haven't been able to find it. Where is it located?

Any answers would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The combat tracker is at the top right of the interface.

There may be posts around describing how to give you the ability to expand a map beyond the default size. It would entail going into the .xml files and editing them in some fashion (if this can be done).
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

There are two ways to resize images; one is holding down the control key while dragging an image with the left mouse button pressed. This method cannot resize the image above ruleset-specific limits. This thread describes the second method and how to modify the maximum (and default) size of images.

yes, I saw a post on it. You can change the default size for the map window. I'd have to hunt for it though.

I think the thread posted in the link is the answer I am looking for but I don't understand it totally. I am not sure how to add a custom file really and I don't want to screw it up.

Another thing I am curious about are those numbered tabs at the bottom of the screen. I can't seem to make them do anything or find any info about them in the manual either.

I did post my map resizing question on the other thread so perhaps I'll get the answer there. I must say this program looks very promising though. I plan to use it in a face to face game which wasn't really what it was designed for but I am sure it would rock for an online game. Once I get the game going (which won't be for a few months) I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help.

The tabs at the bottom are 'hotkeys'. There are 96 of them total. The ones you see by default, 12 more when you hit the shift key, 12 more on the ctrl key, more with alt and then more with each combo of those keys.

You use them to store things that you use often. Common modifiers to the die rolls, key skill rolls, saves, attacks, battle cries, ect.

To access what is stored there you hit the corresponding F key. F1 for tab 1 ect.

I'm pretty sure those are talked about in the manual.

rv

Thread Information