DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 53 of 62 First ... 3435152535455 ... Last
    i found a bug on 5th edition, im playing a 3 barbarian and a 4 druid, so when i turn into a beast and then rage the rage damage bonus is not applied to the beast, example i turn into a giant octopus, i apply the rage buff on the beast and it shows it on the combat tracker no problem, but when i roll the damage it only rolls 2d6+3 instead of 2d6+5, when the GM rolls the damage it rolls fine, but when i roll the damage its not working

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evion View Post
    i found a bug on 5th edition, im playing a 3 barbarian and a 4 druid, so when i turn into a beast and then rage the rage damage bonus is not applied to the beast, example i turn into a giant octopus, i apply the rage buff on the beast and it shows it on the combat tracker no problem, but when i roll the damage it only rolls 2d6+3 instead of 2d6+5, when the GM rolls the damage it rolls fine, but when i roll the damage its not working
    How are you turning into a beast? Do you have a set of effects to make the change? Do you have a second PC sheet? Are you using a copy of the NPC? What is the rage effect you are applying? And what/who are you applying it to?

Screen shots would help.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This involves Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Players.
    When the tiefling subrace of levistis is selected a +4 bonus is applied to Cha instead of the +2 bonus.
    Pentay Zae Gammie
    "I am altering the deal... pray I don't alter it further" -- Darth Vader

Both the Infernal Legacy and Legacy of Stygia are applied to the character.
    Pentay Zae Gammie
    "I am altering the deal... pray I don't alter it further" -- Darth Vader

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pentay View Post
    I believe this has been previously identified and is slated for fix. In the meantime, unload the DMG and only have one source of the tiefling race available when you create your character.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    ill try to explain it in a video

https://youtu.be/ftLozbLghQU
    Sorry, link is bad.

This involves Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes Players.
    When the tiefling subrace of levistis is selected a +4 bonus is applied to Cha instead of the +2 bonus.
    This is happening because you are dragging the Tiefling race from the PHB rather than from Mordenkainen. The Tiefling in the PHB is the Asmodeus subrace, so by dragging from there and then choosing a subrace you get both. So if you have the PHB open make sure you drag the Tiefling race from Mordenkainen or close the PHB so that you only have that source to pull from.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Indeed, as LordEntrails says we need more information as to how you are actually achieving the transformation; and unfortunately your video won't run for me either. I can get the damage to roll correctly on a Giant Octopus, so somewhere along the line the way you are doing the transformation or applying the effect is where the issue lies. So a step by step guide as to how you get to the beast, how and where you have set up the effect, who is applying the effect and from where it is being applied from. Screen shots would be good.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have a fair idea what is happening. You are using the npc record to roll your dice and likely keeping it between sessions. When you roll it is not seeing as you rolling it from the combat tracker and thus not applying the effects to your rolls, the GM can roll and see it apply as they have access to the combat tracker link its self.

The GM could either give you the link each time you transform (which may or may not work I will need to test this) or you will have to add your modifier each time.

I am pretty sure this is the issue, not sure I would classify it as a bug though. More just a limitation in the workaround we use for druid shifting.

EDIT:

Had a look in fantasygrounds, it works for me as long as the link is dragged from the combat tracker to the player. Obviously taking the link from anywhere else doesn't work though.
    I am going to see if using a custom named NPC llike "Bear (druidform)" works.

EDIT2:

Yeah it is as I thought, the DM needs to share the combat tracker link (dragon head) each time or the applied effects wont be recognised by the player rolling from the NPC sheet.
    It is an edge case because of the workaround used for druid shape shifting but this should solve your issue.
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; July 5th, 2018 at 12:42.

Thread Information