Cosmere RPG Beta Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG for Starfinder - update on ETA?

I assume from threads that you are working on a FG ruleset for Starfinder. Can anyone give an updated ETA on such a ruleset?

Blog Entries
    "When It's Done™"

There was never an ETA to update. SmiteWorks never announced ETAs until they're fairly confident the product will arrive on time. Once they're finished with it, Paizo has to certify it so there's a little extra time tacked onto any official *finder projects.

I believe it's Soon(TM)

Legal disclaimer: TV Tropes link.

Blog Entries
    Yes, but sometimes I feel like I've worn that one out so I went all the way back to the 3D Realms "When it's done!" Because I can!

Blog Entries
    We don't have a firm ETA but we are trying our best to keep the development down to the 1-3 month range for an initial release. We've discussed internally doing an Early Access style release and then going back and adding additional functionality at a later date instead of trying to get the perfect ruleset out the gate at release. A focus on the critical stuff would get people playing sooner rather than later.

Yea, star finder is hot right now, you definitely want to strike while the iron is hot.

Blog Entries
    You could always go with what Bioware used to say back when Bioware was Bioware (i.e. still good); "When it's done."
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We don't have a firm ETA but we are trying our best to keep the development down to the 1-3 month range for an initial release. We've discussed internally doing an Early Access style release and then going back and adding additional functionality at a later date instead of trying to get the perfect ruleset out the gate at release. A focus on the critical stuff would get people playing sooner rather than later.
    Hi, I'm just checking. I have been looking for news recently and found this. Its been a good 3 months since this update. My group is finishing up a D&D campaign and are discussing what to play next. Was hoping Starfinder might be ready or maybe a beta to test it out as we play.

Any updates you can give? Beta test options?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums and FG community Eramos!

Have you seen this thread?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sion-for-PFRPG

Blog Entries
    It's getting very close to getting into beta.

The team is very close to wrapping up the final pieces of the ruleset and most of the Core Rulebook module has been built. It will most likely be January for a final release.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information