DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Looking forward to a "proper" FGU release. MUSE is a life saver extension and greatly missed in Unity. Thank you for your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by SirMotte View Post
    Looking forward to a "proper" FGU release. MUSE is a life saver extension and greatly missed in Unity. Thank you for your hard work!
    It should work currently. Unless they've changed something again that broke it?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    It should work currently. Unless they've changed something again that broke it?
    Indeed, and up until now without a flaw! Didn't realize that there was a github version, sorry.
    Thank you so much.

Indeed, and up until now without a flaw! Didn't realize that there was a github version, sorry.
    Thank you so much.
    1.10 (the version on this post) should be whats on the GitHub... but I'm glad it's working for you now
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    I thought FGU allowed grids to be set to any size?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can set the pixel size (FGC and FGU) but it doesn't let you change the unit type of that grid. So if the grid is 10ft or 20 miles or 20cm...
    ---

That is correct, but like celestian said, normally you can't change how the grid is measured. Please see attached examples.
    I'm using the metric system in my games, as people are not able to "judge" distances correctly if they are not familiar with the imperial measurement units, which, in my experience, breaks immersion for some people or simply annoys them (no offense).

This extensions also allows to use fractions like 1.5m (5ft) and then correctly add them together eg. 3m (10ft). Before, I always had to have a converter app like F-Droids "Equate" at hand to quickly convert more complex distances without guesswork or taking too much time for actual calculations.

Therefore for people who want to use the metric or any other unit sizes in their games, this is a must have extension.

Cheers
    SirMotte

PS: Works on all grid types supported by FGU and is on individual basis per map, how awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirMotte; April 21st, 2020 at 13:12. Reason: spelling, grammar, clarification

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    You can set the pixel size (FGC and FGU) but it doesn't let you change the unit type of that grid. So if the grid is 10ft or 20 miles or 20cm...
    Ah, knew you could set the grid size, but though you could change the units in FGU. But glad we've got you around

SirMotte. no offense taken. There might be the suggestion already that could be voted on in the wishlist. If not, one could be added...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah, knew you could set the grid size, but though you could change the units in FGU. But glad we've got you around

SirMotte. no offense taken. There might be the suggestion already that could be voted on in the wishlist. If not, one could be added...
    There is a suggestion by me somewhere in the list.

They added some new API hooks for us to use but the control interface does not have a unit size... tho I hold out hope they add it since it's a tiny add and they have the space in the grid options control for it.
    ---

Agreed. It seems to be a simple add, but if it doesn't happen I'll always have this extension to use for any ruleset that has a Speed stat that isn't counted in 5' steps!

Thread Information