5E Character Create Playlist

Question about adding content.

I have a question about adding wotc material to FG. Say I want to add classes/spells/feats/etc. from some of the wotc books like the complete books/eberron or whatever, i can add that and use it as long as I don't sell it correct?

What I am saying is that I'm not infringing on any laws by just using it with the program?

-DedmeetDM
    Courage is not the absence of fear. It is the presence of fear, yet the will to go on.

Oh no!

Quote Originally Posted by DedmeetDM
    I have a question about adding wotc material to FG. Say I want to add classes/spells/feats/etc. from some of the wotc books like the complete books/eberron or whatever, i can add that and use it as long as I don't sell it correct?

What I am saying is that I'm not infringing on any laws by just using it with the program?

-DedmeetDM
    I am going to hide so to not be hit with all the stones...

Go easy, everyone!

Dedmeet, there has been a lot of incendiary debate about this lately. Take a look around at some other forums/threads (they are scattered a bit to the point of another recent discussion) and you will find answers or, at least, the best yet, to your question.

In short, I think the consensus is that you do not republish any copyrighted material. But, if you customize FG for a session with other people, it is akin to bringing your books over to their house and plopping down on their table. At least, that is the distinction I see.

Cheers.
    Announcing Longbeard Mountain. A place for gamers (particularly those using Fantasy Grounds) to discuss their games, share ideas, chronicle adventures and campaigns, and more.

[email protected]

You can add any material that you own to FG. You own it, you can use it! Using it in FG is no different then using it at a table.

But, you should not then export that information into a module or share the xml files.

Unfortunatly, this means that everyone who has these books has to do the work themselves.

rv

Thread Information