DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin-Man View Post
    Here is a picture of a combined 1d6, 1d8, 1d10 roll and a character with three separate traits. You can see the individual dice results pictured in the chat log, but you'll have to ignore the total displayed since it uses all three dice. This is from using the Technology ability from the window on the right, but setting up the ability requires choosing which dice to use every time you roll it.

I also set up a character with three traits that can be mixed and matched for any given task. They take up more space in chat, but you can easily modify when they matter. I recommend doing it this way unless your heroes have traits that will only ever be used together. Attachment 19939
    Thanks for the tip. I was thinking of doing just that. The second case (separate traits that can be mixed for a particular action) is exactly how the rolls are made on Cortex Plus.

But I think that would leave the flow of the game slow. Mainly because new traits (and with that new dices) can be created during the scenes in several ways. Also it would be more interesting to keep the data rolled together in the chat, because you need to keep them in view for a while (until the action is resolved). It seems, except if there is a way to create an extension for dice pools, using chat commands to manually create a multi-dice roll for each action will be the best ...
    Last edited by GainunX; July 25th, 2017 at 17:57.

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I am struggling with this myself. You can use CoreRPG to create a dicepool on the charactersheet itself. You can setup with all the stats on it, and drag/drop onto a dicefield to generate the pool. It is clunky as hell, and I wish to god, that the NPC sheets were the same as chactersheets. Alas they have basically no functionality, so I am considering just using charactersheets for npcs.

Here is a link to the template I am currently using: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m670icfwc5...plate.xml?dl=0

As for the community ruleset. I do believe that such a thing could be made and released. You cannot copyright gamerules, only content. Sadly I doubt it will happen, since MHR is a dead rpg, even though it is a great one.

Vires Animi
    Thanks, viresanimi. I'll take a look at your template.

I believe that in MoreCore NPCs can have functions like PC (i'm not sure this) Maybe it's better to try to create something in moreCore.

That's really disconcerting, there seems no alternative VTT to do so. I took a look at the roll20 forums and did not find anything either. It looks like there was an extension of Google Hangouts made to create dice pools for MHR, but Hangouts does not accept any more extensions ...

No.

While MoreCore does indeed have more functionality overall. Including the NPC sheets. But as I master I hate the npc sheets in basically every ruleset. Except the Vampire: The Masquerade one. Why? Because they are SO limited compared to the charactersheet. In the V:TM one, the npcsheets are basically charactersheets, which is amazingly great! Why oh why can't we have that in Core / MoreCore.

Unfortunately Code is alien gibberish to me. Sigh.

Vires Animi

But as I master I hate the npc sheets in basically every ruleset. Except the Vampire: The Masquerade one. Why? Because they are SO limited compared to the charactersheet. In the V:TM one, the npcsheets are basically charactersheets, which is amazingly great!
    The general design goal in a FG ruleset is to replicate the NPC format that the actual RPG system uses - to make it familiar for GMs and to support the same format that products for the RPG system use. IMHO this is a good strategy. Does it stop the GM doing "everything" they could possibly want, of course it does (not that a PC sheet can do "everything" anyway). But how many GMs "really" need that, and how much effort would it take the devs to code for a very limited audience and then cater for FG products that now don't have the same data format of the actual RPG product it's based on. If you want the NPC sheet to be the same as the PC sheet for some NPCS then you always have the option of using the PC sheet as a NPC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

True enough Trenloe. But managing a lot of characters isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

It is not that I don't understand why they did it. Or that I don't respect it. But that does not change the fact that I often feel very limited in what I can do or forced to learn some stupid syntax to make NPC's. So. I will not stop bitching about it, because a chorus of consensus does not cater to innovation.

Vires Animi

I will not stop bitching about it, because a chorus of consensus does not cater to innovation.
    Fair enough.

Here's an idea. Instead of just bitching (as you put it), how about coming up with some ideas that would make the NPCs better for you, while keeping data compatibility for already released products? Serious question. Because "making it just like the PC sheet" is not an option for most rulesets. Pick you favorite rulesets and make some constructive suggestions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    One idea that might be relatively easy to implement with an extension would be to add one or more additional tabs to the NPC sheet. These tabs might be able to have the additional fields you want and maybe even duplicate fields from the "normal" tabs...

That would seem to me (with my limited knowledge) to be a way to enhance NPC character sheets that would ? keep compatibility with existing data/modules and allow for more for those using the extension.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm feeling pretty noob about asking this, but where I put the template that viresanimi post in #10?

Anywhere. You just have to open in from the character selection screen. Use the little red button and the arrow to import. It is made in Core though.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by GainunX View Post
    but where I put the template that viresanimi post in #10?
    See GM Actions -> Import a Character here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ter_Management

Thread Information