DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Okay, I'm running osx 10.12.4 and haven't ran FG since the upgrade. I get a " application x11 could not be opened" message when I tried to run FG through wineskin. What do I have to do to correct this? Does wineskin need to be upgraded? Should I uninstall then reinstall wineskin or can I just upgrade to the latest version? All these things seem difficult for a guy who doesn't quite get the whole emulation thing. Should I move over to steam (yuk)? Even changing the setting in wineskin seem complicated. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance!
    TheEldritchPress.com
    Editions 1st-5th since '79
    Running on a Mac. Yup, I'm one of those guys

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylock View Post
    Okay, I'm running osx 10.12.4 and haven't ran FG since the upgrade. I get a " application x11 could not be opened" message when I tried to run FG through wineskin. What do I have to do to correct this? Does wineskin need to be upgraded? Should I uninstall then reinstall wineskin or can I just upgrade to the latest version? All these things seem difficult for a guy who doesn't quite get the whole emulation thing. Should I move over to steam (yuk)? Even changing the setting in wineskin seem complicated. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance!
    Have you tried installing FG with the Mac OS X installer located here?

You shouldn't need to mess with Wine or Wineskin or anything else as I understand it.

Blog Entries
    For those running High Sierra - you shouldn't need to override Wine Control of Screen Settings, simply uncheck 'Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D' in WineSkin/Advanced/Set Screen Options. FantasyGrounds will then start-up correctly in Window mode.

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 11.41.02.png

Can you give it a go P0H0 and let me know if your still experiencing any startup issues.
    Last edited by Zeus; September 29th, 2017 at 11:47.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Graylock View Post

Thanks in advance!
    I can't remember when exactly but Apple stopped including XWindows as part of MacOS, to help overcome this for WineSkin users, the WineSkin developer elected to bundle a version of X11 as part of an update to WineSkin 2.6 . So, in short, you need to update your version of Wineskin. To help our users (and as pointed out by ll00ll00ll00ll) we now provide a pre-built wrapper which you can download which eliminates a great deal of the setup for you. Simply download the new DMG archive (which is signed), open and then drag the included FantasyGrounds application icon to your /Applications folder - then start as you would any other Mac applicaiton.

Make sure to backup your campaign data before copying over any existing FG app in your /Applications folder. You can then restore your data once you have installed the new version.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Make sure to backup your campaign data before copying over any existing FG app in your /Applications folder. You can then restore your data once you have installed the new version.
    DO THIS. While trying to troubleshoot my current inability to run Fantasy Grounds after upgrading to High Sierra, I downloaded a new copy of the FG app and lost my campaign. I am heartbroken.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    DO THIS. While trying to troubleshoot my current inability to run Fantasy Grounds after upgrading to High Sierra, I downloaded a new copy of the FG app and lost my campaign. I am heartbroken.
    I'm not a Mac guy, but there might be a chance that the OS saved earlier versions of the FantasyGrounds.app file, where your campaigns and other personal information is stored by default.

From https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25757?locale=en_US

Many apps automatically save versions of documents as you work on them. At any time, you can browse through document versions and go back to an older version. You can also explicitly save a version.

A version is saved automatically every hour, or more frequently when you’re making many changes. A version is also saved when you open, save, duplicate, lock, rename, or revert a document.

Browse, restore, duplicate, and delete versions
    Open the document, then choose File > Revert To > Browse All Versions.

Click tick marks along the timeline to browse versions.

Display the version you want, then do one of the following:

To restore your document to this version, click Restore.

To duplicate this version in a new document, press and hold the Option key, then click Restore a Copy.

To delete this version, move the pointer to the top of the screen to show the menu bar, then choose File > Revert To > Delete This Version.

To leave your document as is, without changes, click Done.

Explicitly save a version
    Open the document, then choose File > Save.

To save the document using a different filename, location, or format, press and hold the Option key, then choose File > Save As.

Revert a document to the last opened version
    Open the document, choose File > Revert To, then choose Last Opened, Last Saved, or Previous Save.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    If you replaced an existing version of the application, check your Trashcan for the old copy. Unless you emptied the Trash, you should still have it and should be able to copy your campaign data back.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Sadly, for reasons that are unclear to me, when I agreed to replace the app with the new one after download, it didn't move the old one to the trash. It's fine. It reminded me that we have a backup solution here, so now I plan to use it!

Since you are in DC, ask the NSA if they have a backup of your campaign. :-)
    Last edited by Nylanfs; October 1st, 2017 at 04:22.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Since you are in DC, as the NSA if they have a backup of your campaign. :-)
    lol, like you think they only have reach in DC?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information