STAR TREK 2d20

EOTE Ruleset cosmetic issue

First off, thank the maker for this awesome ruleset! Thank you a thousand times for making it. I did a little cosmetic work to it and changed out some icons for images I made, but the Colors icon does not seem to use the icon png even though I named it the same. I checked to see if I had made a mistake in file type or syntax and I didn't so I don't know why it isn't using the ruleset icon. Any ideas on how to fix this? I realize it's a microscopic issue but I still want to get my icon in there if possible.
    Attachment 19595

Check through the ruleset definitions to see what is actually used: Look at the icon resource name used in the desktop button definition. This will tie in with an icon resource in the graphics directory XML, which will point to the end PNG file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

there is a program called Astrogreep, in can do a batch search for terms through multiple files. When I run into an issue like this I run a search for the stock image name and check out every instance it is used and usually that shows me what its happening, chances are its being called twice somewhere and you dont notice it
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    there is a program called Astrogreep, in can do a batch search for terms through multiple files. When I run into an issue like this I run a search for the stock image name and check out every instance it is used and usually that shows me what its happening, chances are its being called twice somewhere and you dont notice it
    Good to know. Does it have an advantage of Find In Files from NPP? Since I'm doing my editing in NPP, I've always just used the FiF from there, but if there is a better tool/way, good to know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Good to know. Does it have an advantage of Find In Files from NPP? Since I'm doing my editing in NPP, I've always just used the FiF from there, but if there is a better tool/way, good to know.
    Yes, I have an "Example Extension" folder, I put all my extensions that I like (and Rulesets) there so i can look for things and compare. I use Astrogreep to either search the entire folder for things or I have it search individual extensions/Rulesets for whatever it is. It searches for key terms in N++ files, and from my experience it only searches for key terms, so if you look for "button_encounters", it will only when the term is used, and it wont pull the image file. Best part, its a free program.

IMO the advantage is you dont need to have the files open in N++ to find it and it can do batches of files quicker than N++. I mean with everything you work on and have you could have a dozen graphics_frames.xml files and it becomes a pain (IMO) to find what you need with similar looking tabs. All in all, I have used AstroGrep much much more than "Find in Files" and its just supah easy. Aki pointed the program out to me, and it has been super helpful.

NOTE: IT IS CALLED ASTROGREP (Just 1 E)
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Ok thank you guys. I found it, it's using button_pointer.png and button_colors.png doesn't seem to be used. Thanks again for the help.

I use Find in Files in Notepad++, you don't need the files open to use it - just select the directory. I like the search result window as well - I can look back through previous searches and easily navigate to files and the specific line I want. As I do all of my FG editing in N++, it works well for me - one tool, one job.

But, go with what works for you. Whatever works for you is best...

In the end, the message is: use file searches, find in files, grep, whatever to search through your FG rulesets/extensions. Don't waste time trying to find stuff file-by-file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information