5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Roll initiative each turn

Does anyone know if it is possible to reroll initiative each turn automatically? Would this need to be done manually?
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

There's no automatic feature to do that. You could set the Combat -> "Turn: Stop at round start" option, and then roll initiative at the top of the round.

Regards,
    JPG

It's extremely quick to do from the Menu - Initiative on the Combat Tracker. It can be done for NPCs or PCs or both. Not automatic, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's no automatic feature to do that. You could set the Combat -> "Turn: Stop at round start" option, and then roll initiative at the top of the round.

Regards,
    JPG

This is what we do. It does mean that the players have to be active and do it when it's time. Unless you just want to blanket re-roll for them (and npcs) from the menu in the combat tracker.

Thank you

I use this all the time. Keeps the players from getting complacent and stops the "Dance of Combat" where everything is perfectly choreographed because every INT is known coming up and everyone plans out the slight move.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Yeah, i agree it is a great house rule. It makes combat more interesting and I am not sure that fights would happen in an orderly sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Yeah, i agree it is a great house rule. It makes combat more interesting and I am not sure that fights would happen in an orderly sequence.
    They won't!! That is the beauty of it, and my players like it better as they say it keeps them more engaged.

There is a place for anarchy and chaos.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

Blog Entries
    It does mess up the timing of when some spells turn off and on, and the RAW are roll initiative once and stick to it.

I was rolling every turn and I suggest that the DM roll all initiatives to keep the game flowing if you do it every turn.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

True, it does mean that spells will have a slightly variable duration, but I suppose there is some solace in the fact that it affects npc's and PC's alike. And yeah, the gm rolling for the whole tracker is probably the best approach

Thread Information