FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 95 of 108 First ... 45859394959697105 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Taran Eilonwy View Post
    Sorta hard to explain If you dont know what a Kineticist is... But, I'll give it a try.
    Basically a Kineticist is a CON based "caster" which uses Elemental "Blasts" based on elements which you choose. (this part is relatively easy for me to add) However, they also modify their Blasts with "Infusions" which change how the Blast works in some (fairly significant) way.

For Example: Kinetic Whip Infusion: Causes the Blast to become a Melee weapon with 10ft range, which does not suffer the normal reach limit of you cant use it against a foe right in front of you.

Cloud Infusion You release your power in a diffuse cloud. You can center this 20-foot-radius spread anywhere within 120 feet of you. All creatures and objects within the cloud when you create it automatically take 1/4 the normal amount of damage from your blast with no saving throw. Any time a creature enters the cloud, it takes half the normal amount of damage from your blast, as do creatures that end their turns in the cloud. Your cloud obscures vision as obscuring mist. It lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier or until you use the cloud infusion again.

Chilling Infusion: Causes targets of the "blast" to be Staggered if they fail a Fort Save.

And these effects can stack on top of each other (dependent on burn available)... I dont NEED (though I sort of expected from a paid module) for FGU to handle burn... I "can" do that myself... but how are my players supposed to use their infusions when they DONT EXIST in the module which contains the class. [Quick Edit: "Burn" is a balance feature of the class which deals an amount of non-leathal damage to the PC to add infusions to the Blast (and some Wild Talents), it is ALSO a CORE feature of the class. Close Edit]

There are literally DOZENS of Infusions and (spell like abilities) Utility Wild Talents which are not included in the module which SHOULD add them.

Some of these features I dont need FGU to handle... but It would be nice if the module added say a "weapon" "Kinetic Blast" that scaled in the appropriate way or at LEAST gave me options for the Infusions.

I dont understand how this is NOT a bug... If I am expected to build the ENTIRE CLASS after I buy the module... Why did I buy the module??
    I just quickly skimmed your answer, but it sounds like that most if not all of that should be actually possible to do in FG

However, you'd need to learn first the UI of FG, I think; the best advice may be that you start slow, treat some things manually until you pick up how to automate it Do you have information about how to create spellclasses etc.?

(and we should maybe switch completely to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Grounds/page2 to avoid spreading this discussion in two threads )

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    As with any product sold through our store, if you are not happy with the purchase, we provide a 30 day money back guarantee.

The DLC books provided by FGC are data files, not changes to the base game system framework or automation. They let you read about the data from the book while within Fantasy Grounds, as well as drag and drop standard record types, such as spells, feats, etc.

While we provide a fair amount of automation for common combat rules and actions within the game systems we support; there is no way for us to realistically support automation for every possible combination of rules (especially in a system as complex as Pathfinder). So, we aim to provide flexible ways to place the data on the sheets to improve the experience, as well as support standard core mechanics automation.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ok... I may be misunderstanding what is possible to automate. I was under the impression that FGU could automate combat for class abilities; is that not the case? Does the Monk gain (or have an addable combat ability) "stunning strike" as a combat ability? Same for Paladin Smite. Same for Barbarian Rage.
    If not... How do I add that functionality? also if not... I'll stop posting here and try to get more info on how to implement class abilities in combat.

This is our first time using FGU and I am trying to import existing PCs from our home game into FGU. And unable to find "drag and drop" options which I thought was the point...

Ok for sure a Bug in Pathfinder Core Rulebook (1st edition)... Celestial Armor has incorrect Stats.
    It shows, +6 AC, Max Dex +2, Check Penalty -4, Spell Fail 30% and Speed Reduction. ALL of these are wrong.
    It should be AC+9(+3Chainmail), MaxDex+8, Check Pen -2, Spell Fail 15%, No speed reduction (mithral).

EDIT: It should also be Light Armor... But I don't think that matters for automation...
    Last edited by Taran Eilonwy; February 11th, 2022 at 07:24.

Ok for sure a Bug in Pathfinder Core Rulebook (1st edition)... Celestial Armor has incorrect Stats.
    It shows, +6 AC, Max Dex +2, Check Penalty -4, Spell Fail 30% and Speed Reduction. ALL of these are wrong.
    It should be AC+9(+3Chainmail), MaxDex+8, Check Pen -2, Spell Fail 15%, No speed reduction (mithral).

EDIT: It should also be Light Armor... But I don't think that matters for automation...
    I am seeing the same - one can compare the text description in the item view in Fantasy Grounds with the stats and there is an obvious discrepancy. I suspect somehow it inherited most of stats for chainmail since that is mentioned in the descriptive text, even though the text description also calls out all the differences: Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 8.35.13 AM.png

Cheers,
    Brian

Ok... I may be misunderstanding what is possible to automate. I was under the impression that FGU could automate combat for class abilities; is that not the case? Does the Monk gain (or have an addable combat ability) "stunning strike" as a combat ability? Same for Paladin Smite. Same for Barbarian Rage.
    If not... How do I add that functionality? also if not... I'll stop posting here and try to get more info on how to implement class abilities in combat.

This is our first time using FGU and I am trying to import existing PCs from our home game into FGU. And unable to find "drag and drop" options which I thought was the point...
    All special actions (such as rage) need to be added as spells. Create a new spellclass, and add spell slots.
    Here's the wiki page for effects. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects
    You can also probably find many listing for rage and more in this forum.

there add ons/ext. made by Kelrugem and others to help with coding more automation like
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/31/view
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/83/view
    its a small learning curve but once you know it , its easy after, like smite would be Smite Evil; IFT: ALIGN (evil);ATK:[CHA];DMG:[LVL]; DMGTYPE: drbypass or like adding all the immunities of a monster like undead you would put in its main page Immune mindaffecting, charm, disease, poison, sleep; Immune critical, nonlethal; and in the spell effect make a spell tab with the effects as IREVERT: positive; REVERT: negative; IMMUNE: bleed; IFTAG: stunned, paralyzed, necromancy, compulsion, phantasm, pattern, morale, fatigued, exhausted, death, drain; SIMMUNE just dont forget to put apply effect on load and when the monster is added to the combat tracker it should have everything the only thing that can not be coded as far as i know is ability damage immunity

My apologies if this is either a known issue or an intended behaviour:
    When adding arcanist levels from the Advanced Class Guide module, the proper sub-headings for their spells are not appearing under the Actions tab. I presume it's related to the arcanist Class package not including a Spells Special Ability? And I presume that has something to do with their non-standard prepared/spontaneous caster format?
    Or is it an oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by drakir View Post
    My apologies if this is either a known issue or an intended behaviour:
    When adding arcanist levels from the Advanced Class Guide module, the proper sub-headings for their spells are not appearing under the Actions tab. I presume it's related to the arcanist Class package not including a Spells Special Ability? And I presume that has something to do with their non-standard prepared/spontaneous caster format?
    Or is it an oversight?
    Unfortunately the 3.5E/PFRPG ruleset doesn't have a spell type that really matches the hybrid format.
    I had a player who played an arcanist and what I did was set up two spell sections, one prepared and one spontaneous. He'd mark off spells from the spontaneous section which would just have "level1", "level2" and so forth instead of real spells and he'd prepare his spells from the prepared spells list. A bit convoluted, but it worked.

Reign of Winter: Rasputin Must Die issue

Area H7 is missing half its entry. Everything after the "trap" effect in that room is missing. That includes treasure and all the information on disabling the World Engine. Which is key to the solving the adventure, so rather a major absence. I did a search on the possible parcel names for the treasure, but that doesn't appear to be present, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    Area H7 is missing half its entry. Everything after the "trap" effect in that room is missing. That includes treasure and all the information on disabling the World Engine. Which is key to the solving the adventure, so rather a major absence. I did a search on the possible parcel names for the treasure, but that doesn't appear to be present, either.
    Agreed. It is important. I will take a look and get it fixed. [Fixed]

Madman..
    Last edited by madman; February 28th, 2022 at 17:59.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information