STAR TREK 2d20
Page 46 of 108 First ... 3644454647485696 ... Last
    Mummy's mask: I think all the NPCs that have a combo of manufactured and natural weapons have their full attacks wrong. The natural attacks should count as secondary with a lower (-5) attack bonus as far as I know.

I will look into that. Thanks for pointing it out.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Half-plate has no max dex listed but it should be 0
    Core Rulebook

This might be a ruleset issue since it also doesn't show zero when I type it in (zero seems to be the same as nothing rather than a specific value).

Seems like it also doesn't apply the skill checks when max stat bonus to armor class is zero.

EDIT: I have released v1.3.2 of Total Encumbrance to support max dex of 0
    Last edited by bmos; June 22nd, 2020 at 02:15.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Half-plate has no max dex listed but it should be 0
    Core Rulebook

This might be a ruleset issue since it also doesn't show zero when I type it in (zero seems to be the same as nothing rather than a specific value).

Seems like it also doesn't apply the skill checks when max stat bonus to armor class is zero.
    that is indeed a bug but not with the item sheet itself, the way how the armor is coded is okay so far, the bug is that the armor toggle in the inventory for the penalties doesn't get toggled though the values there are the correct ones for the half-plate when you toggle that then you should see that the zero there is doing the correct thing

(In sense of coding: It could be that the toggle gets ignored because the 0 in the item sheet is "too neutral", that would be indeed a relation with the item sheet )

This is a bug in the ruleset that the Max Stat is a number field; and the default value of zero is treated as off. It's also in many, many modules that way. I'll have to add to our list to look at in the future.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    This is a bug in the ruleset that the Max Stat is a number field; and the default value of zero is treated as off. It's also in many, many modules that way. I'll have to add to our list to look at in the future.
    It was the same in PFRPG2 - 0 was being treated as no dex cap. I had to do a work around cludge to set "armor" that had no dex maximum (a "-" in the stats) as +999 just to make it work. The ideal approach would be to change it to a string. But, as you say, there's many, many modules out there that have this as a number to a string.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there some way to have the Powers option added in the PF ruleset. I don't know why this was omitted (or not added later), but we're playing in a Mythic campaign and had to kind of kludge it together. Especially since almost none of the abilities gained in the Mythic Adventures campaign are coded. (Things like Amazing Initiative does not add to your initiative). Adding Powers means you could update Mythic Adventures to have a Powers section for all of the items that use surge points.

Quote Originally Posted by theadept024 View Post
    Is there some way to have the Powers option added in the PF ruleset. I don't know why this was omitted (or not added later), but we're playing in a Mythic campaign and had to kind of kludge it together. Especially since almost none of the abilities gained in the Mythic Adventures campaign are coded. (Things like Amazing Initiative does not add to your initiative). Adding Powers means you could update Mythic Adventures to have a Powers section for all of the items that use surge points.
    Not sure if I understand, why not using spell classes for that? Everyone uses the spell classes for everything; do not get hang up by the name "spell", actually they're action classes when you click on the book icon at the upper left of the spell class then you can change its type, the third one would implement usage points for actions (like KI points or whatever), that may be your surge point? (I do not know surge points)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Not sure if I understand, why not using spell classes for that? Everyone uses the spell classes for everything; do not get hang up by the name "spell", actually they're action classes when you click on the book icon at the upper left of the spell class then you can change its type, the third one would implement usage points for actions (like KI points or whatever), that may be your surge point? (I do not know surge points)
    Actually, I am using spell classes for that now. It's just a little kludgey to use. Powers makes more sense and could work better. This would be better if the designers of the Mythic Adventures did their job properly. *sad trombone*

Quote Originally Posted by theadept024 View Post
    Actually, I am using spell classes for that now. It's just a little kludgey to use. Powers makes more sense and could work better. This would be better if the designers of the Mythic Adventures did their job properly. *sad trombone*
    Hm, I do not know Mythic stuff and therefore I do not know what you refer to sadly In my opinion the spell classes have everything what one normally needs As far as I know the power group in 5e is just a trimmed down version of the spell class (mainly, maybe with some additional option about how their usage counter works), so, normally the power class is more like an aesthetical thing

Thread Information