Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP - 5e, 5Players

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: 5e D&D

Time Zone:EDT
    Day of week and time: Friday 1 pm
    If new game, planned start date: April
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Once a week, about 4 hours.
    Term: Long term

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord

Game Experience: I've played Tabletops for 15 years. I started with AD&D and played 3rd, 4th, and now 5th. I've also played many other games like Vampire, Mutants and Masterminds, and Pathfinder.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to it but I've watched a ton of vids. I've only played in one game that lasted a few sessions.
    Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for around 5 players.
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 3, standard starting equipment
    Character restrictions: Monstrous races- pm me about it. I don't like evil alignments. From my experience people play them as disruptive and uncooperative, but I am willing to discuss this because I want people to be happy with their characters, or if the entire party wants to be evil . There may be some others, but we can discuss it more privately or during session 0.

Details of your scenario: I'm looking to run in either Ebberon or Forgotten Realms. I've ran mostly FR but I do like the Ebberon setting. I hope the players will influence this. I want to run it as an episodic campaign. The players will be responsible for gathering info on adventures and then deciding which one they want to do. At the end of the session, or sometime during the week, players can submit downtime activities for their character to accomplish leading up to the next session.
    Last edited by Ar0n; March 23rd, 2017 at 20:31.

Darn. Was excited til I saw the 'No Monsterous Races'. Still looking for a game for my Kobold. Good luck with your game.

Post edit - Pm me about monstrous races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ar0n View Post
    Post edit - Pm me about monstrous races.
    PM's sent. Fear the crack that can come from my brain. And that's not even the Kobold idea.

Im interested, i dont have a lvl 3 toon though.

Preferred is ranged and healer.

Wood Elf - Druid (summons) - lvl 1
    Half-Dryad - Healer - lvl 1 (the healer class)
    Half-Dryad - Hunter Variant (sniper assassin) - lvl 1
    Human - Cleric, healer - lvl 1
    High Elf - Wizard - (nuke) - lvl 1
    Ghost, Mindful Spirit - Cryomancer - lvl 1
    Forest Gnome - Sorceror - lvl 1
    Gemini, Emerald Bloodline - Artificer - lvl 1

Druid and the sniper are my picks.

What resources do you have, wanting players to use? Volo's, Sword Coast, EE, Unearthed Arcana, PHB? Also, would it be possible to begin the game one hour earlier? I understand if not. But if it wouldn't be an inconvenience, I would be able and happy to join. I am experienced in both 5e and fg, and love them both. I have a lot of ideas for characters, and would likely play something that would fit the party well. That being said, I love to play morally grey characters, and almost never play someone who is pure good or evil. The characters that I play that are lawful don't necessarily follow the laws of the land, as apposed to following a core set of beliefs or laws or codes and sticking to those when making decisions (even if those decisions might not be something my characters would do otherwise).

My toons are of the good alignment. The Dryad healer would be Chaotic Good, the rest Lawful or Neutral.

I would be super interested in joining your group if you choose Eberron - I've always like the theme since I found out about it in 4e, but never played a game in the setting. Plus your time works for me too!

FG License: I used to have a "Lite" license, but now it says free? I suppose I could upgrade if needed.
    Time Zone: GMT-5 (EST = so on hour behind your EDT)
    Term: I'm looking for a long term 5e game
    Voice: Discord is fine

Game System Experience: I was introduced during 4e, and have since switched to 5e (except for one group that's been playing for years working towards level 30). I'm very comfortable with 5e (I even DM it).
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: I haven't used Fantasy Grounds since 2014, so I'm a bit out of date (I've been using Roll20 since then). But I'm willing to put in the work to catch up!
    Character Type Preferred: I'd like to play a Awakened Mystic or a Moon Druid, and in both cases like filling a scout role (with a more striker focus for the mystic and more tank for the druid). I'm open to pretty much any class and role, but prefer to stay away from spellcasters (except for the Druid and occasionally the Warlock). I want to see if there's any Eberron conversion content to get a feel for what will work best thematically.

About me: I'm a marketing technology director working remotely for a American non-profit while living in Colombia, South America. I am also a musician and freelance graphic designer. I've been married for about three months now, which is why I'm looking for games that aren't in the evenings (my wife highly values our time together). I love groups with good chemistry, humor, and lore appreciation.

EDIT: I found this resource for Eberron content for 5th Ed. www.eberron5e.com

EDIT 2: This guide to Eberron races is a great starting point I've found.
    Last edited by JediPearce; March 24th, 2017 at 03:32.

Quote Originally Posted by JediPearce View Post
    I love groups with good chemistry, humor, and lore appreciation.
    Agreed about this. And also players who actively do some roleplay in their rollplay.

Nothing kills fun faster than if your character is built to be interactive and people don't.

I'm pretty flexible with either setting if chosen. I haven't stated what I'm playing for sure yet if chosen...

Mostly because I need to make sure what I want to do will fly. If not I have tons of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by JediPearce View Post
    EDIT: I found this resource for Eberron content for 5th Ed. www.eberron5e.com
    The first Unearthed Arcana from D&D also had a healthy helping of Eberron. https://media.wizards.com/2015/downl...Eberron_v1.pdf

Including one of my favorite not fully official in 5E races yet... the awesome Minotaur.

Wait... no. The Minotaurs were later in Krynn's UA stuff. - https://media.wizards.com/2015/downl...erborne_v3.pdf

Thread Information