STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Network problem

Network problem

This does not actually pertain to Fantasy Grounds but I am having a strange network issue and I was hoping someone in this awesome community might have an idea on how to fix it. I have set up a campaign on my laptop at my house and gotten everything ready for a game with my friends. Everything with Fantasy grounds works fine and makes me very happy with my purchases. The problem arises when I take my laptop to my friends house. His entire network including the ports he can open are in the 192.168.0.## range. For some reason the network assigns my laptop with 192.168.1.26 and we cannot open any ports on .1.##. My laptop is the only one that gets the 1.## ip address. Does anyone happen to know what is causing this and how it can be fixed? Thank you far any help.

His network may be set to private rather than public. But that's just a guess.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I think what Mr. Z is referring to, in Windows, when you connect to a network, it can be classified as either a Public, Work or Home network. Try going into your Network and Sharing Center and see what the network is set as. It probably should be set as Home.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It also might be that your friend has separate WiFi access points or a "Guest" network that doesn't have complete access to the network and also might be giving a different IP address subnet.

Question- are you wanting to run for only people on the local network at your friend's house? Or do you want to have players connect from over the Internet as well?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It also might be that your friend has separate WiFi access points or a "Guest" network that doesn't have complete access to the network and also might be giving a different IP address subnet.

Question- are you wanting to run for only people on the local network at your friend's house? Or do you want to have players connect from over the Internet as well?
    Both. Most of the group is local and we would be fine but one of them is a way at college and I want to be able to get her hooked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

Turns out this was it. He thought he had a cable modem with a separate WiFi router. Turns out the cable modem was a wireless router as well so he had two wireless networks running at the same time. We got it all fixed now so thank you to everyone who tried to help.

Thread Information